Another Sunday, another hop with the Weekend Writing Warriors, the blog hop for anyone who loves to write. I have another snippet from Into the Sun for you. 8 lines today, picking up right where last week’s left off.
The man in the middle just looked me up and down and smirked.
“No need to worry, son, we’re on our way out. We don’t bite.”
My stomach had twisted up as soon as he said son. And I couldn’t rip my gaze from his. A look in the man’s eyes shifted then, his eyebrows lowering. “You okay, son? You need help or anything?”
Come back next week if you want to know what happens next. 🙂
And now for my RoW80 update:
Not great. I was doing pretty good at the beginning of the week. Even got in two 4k days. Then…it’s like the words dried up. I’ve struggled with 1 scene for 2 days. This is not like me at all. So, I decided to set it aside until Monday. I know what needs to happen, I’m not really blocked. I just can’t seem to focus enough to get the words out. I’m used to some of my other characters who practically shout at me to get their stories written. These two would rather shout at each other, it seems(which will happen if I can ever get past this scene).
First Choice, Second Chance – line up proofreading & cover art– I have the cover. Doing the cover reveal tomorrow, so if anyone wants to help(either posting on your blog or just sharing my post when it goes out too), I’d appreciate it.
- Guarding the Heart – draft through Chapter 19 – see above. I didn’t even get through Chapter 15. I did manage to add over 13000 words to it, though.
- Into the Sun – keep working toward finishing – I’ve added almost 600 words since last week’s post. Hoping to add more today.
Read: Super Structure(James Scott Bell)– read through first 1/3 Read: Soul Resurrected(Keri Lake), Sweet Seduction(box set & may not read all in it), & The Murder Complex(Lindsay Cummings)– Really enjoyed Soul Resurrected & The Murder Complex. Only read about 4(out of I think 13) stories in Sweet Seduction. Loved Roni Loren’s Wanderlust. Also read Trust the Focus(Megan Erickson). Loved it! And reading Second Chance Summer(Jill Shalvis) right now.
- Knit: Dino Hat – finish – yeah, no. I got a few of the spikes done and sewn onto the hat(doing it as I go, so I know how many I need). About halfway through, then just the braids to attach to the ear flaps.
- Crochet: Amazing Grace Blissful Beanie – I’ll start this once I finish the other hat.
RoW80 Sponsor Post – Submit– done
And for the next week:
- Guarding the Heart: try to get back on track. Decide if I’m going to keep with it or not.
- Into the Sun: keep trying to finish. I at least know where I want to go with it.
- Read: Super Structure: get 2/3 through
- Read: Second Chance Summer & Go With Me(Elyssa Patrick)
- Knit: Dino Cap – FINISH