Welcome back to Weekend Writing Warriors, the hop for anyone who likes to write. I’m continuing with my novella, Into the Sun, and have 10 sentences from the next scene. Trace has left home and has just pulled in to a rest stop and sees a couple other motorcycles(if I ever just say ‘bikes’, you can probably assume this is what I mean) in the parking lot.
Just as I reached the building, three men pushed out through the door. I took a step back, trying to stay out of their way. If they were the owners of those bikes, I was right about them being serious bikers. Two of them were very large, heavily muscled, their arms straining against the shirts under their vests. The third walked between them. He wasn’t scrawny by any means, but his build was lankier, like mine.
I must have made some sort of noise because all three turned to look toward me. The two on the outside looked like they were ready to take me on if I presented a danger. I could have reassured them about that. I’d never even held a knife that wasn’t meant to cut through steak or a box.
Did Trace walk into some trouble? Or could he have the wrong idea about these guys? Next week, I plan to pick up right after this, so check back if you want to find out. In the meantime, check out the other participants:
And now for my RoW80 summary. I ended up doing fairly well by the end of the week. Finished beta edits on First Choice, Second Chance. And added almost 11k to Guarding the Heart. So, progress. Yay! As I mentioned in Wednesday’s post, I ended up reorganizing my projects, and therefore my goals.
Guarding the Heart – finish through Chapter 10(on Chapter 5 right now)– I got through Chapter 9, which fit my revised plan. I’m counting that as done. I wrote over 3k both Thursday & Friday. First Choice, Second Chance – beta edits– finished these Wednesday morning. Ready When You Are – Outline– finished this Tuesday Jessica’s Story – Brainstorm– setting this aside until I get to that group of stories
- Into the Sun – 1st draft – Added 243 words yesterday. Hoping to get more today. Won’t finish the first draft though.
Everything Between Us(Mila Ferrera), Get a Clue(Jill Shalvis), Call on Me(Roni Loren), & Standing Stones(Beth Camp) – Loved Call on Me. Not surprising since I’ve loved all her other books as well. Couldn’t get into Standing Stones, but read Damsel Distressed(Kelsey Macke) and enjoyed it(even if it had me crying at about 25% in. I’m an emotional reader). Started Soul Resurrected(Keri Lake) yesterday morning.
- Knit: Dino Cap – Have the actual hat finished. I just have to make the spikes & braids and attach them.
- RoW80 Sponsor Post(forgot to include this on Monday) – Have this drafted and read through. Revise, proofread, and then submitting it, hopefully today.
And goals for next week:
- First Choice, Second Chance – line up proofreading & cover art
- Guarding the Heart – draft through Chapter 19
- Into the Sun – keep working toward finishing
- Read: Super Structure(James Scott Bell) – read through first 1/3
- Read: Soul Resurrected(Keri Lake), Sweet Seduction(box set & may not read all in it), & The Murder Complex(Lindsay Cummings)
- Knit: Dino Hat – finish
- Crochet: Amazing Grace Blissful Beanie
- RoW80 Sponsor Post – Submit