I have mentioned that I have trouble sticking with one way of doing something for very long, yes? Well, while the work on writing for 5 hours a day was “working”, sometimes those 5 hours stretched through the whole day, and it seemed I struggled to get everything else done. And it didn’t always mean a lot of writing. So, I’ve gone back to an earlier plan of getting through a certain number of planned scenes. I have a tendency to add more in as I write even though I have the story outlined, so this may end up being more than what I originally had planned. Right now, I have to write 2.8 scenes to finish by the end of the month.
Also, I was going to shift to focus on editing starting next month. But, next month is Camp NaNoWriMo again. And while you can edit during it, it’s so much easier to track new words written. I am going to work on beta edits for The Choice(though I still haven’t heard back from 1/2 of them). But, I’ll also be working on a new-ish story. It was actually my 2011 NaNo, but I started rewriting it last year and then set it outside. Going to pull it back out next month though.
Anyway for how this week has gone:
- Burning Bright(formerly known as Jace’s Story) – get to ~35000 words – only got to 30000 words.
- Some Fools Never Learn – finish outline – Kept procrastinating on this. I still have 2 more chapters to outline.
- Into the Sun – total: 12k – at 11,452 right now. Planning to keep going until I hit 12k today though.
Finish Torrent, Republic(Lindsay Buroker), Operation Cinderella(Hope Tarr), Death Scream(S.M. Reine), & Blurring the Lines(Roni Loren)I couldn’t get into Operation Cinderella, but I really enjoyed the other ones. I also read: The Sound of Us(Ashley Poston), All Broke Down(Cora Carmack), Nocte(Courtney Cole), and Crossing the Line(Katie McGarry). Enjoyed all of these, though Nocte was definitely different, a bit mind twisting. I’m currently about halfway through Deathmaker(Lindsay Buroker). Loving this one.
- Knit: Schooner Hat – finish – not quite. I have about 2 more inches to knit then need to sew up the seam and make the pom pom for the top. Still hoping to do this today.
So, it seems reading is the only goal I actually met this week. Hope that changes for next week.
- Burning Bright – Write 14 scenes
- Some Fools Never Learn – Finish Outline
- Into the Sun – total: 14k
- Reading: Finish Deathmaker, Wait for You(J. Lynn), & The Madman’s Daughter(Megan Shepherd)
- Knit: Schooner Hat – finish
- Crochet: Peaked Women’s Cap