Just one more week of school left for my kids. Hoping my new schedule will work once they’re home. I think it’s flexible enough to adapt. And the kids are old enough that I don’t really have to hover(not that I was ever much of a hoverer) when they’re playing outside. I still go out with them, but I can sit on the porch while they play. One of the nice things about being outside of town. We have a long driveway they can ride bikes up and down and a big yard to play in. And I can usually get about an hour out of my computer before I have to plug it in again.
Monday I didn’t get as much done as I’d like. Well, I got a lot done, just not the stuff I had on my list. We’ve decided we’re going to have a yard/garage sale sometime this summer. So, I hauled all the baby stuff and some other things, out of the kids’ closets to our cargo trailer. There was a lot more there than I’d figured. And our washer hasn’t been working right(taking 3 hours to wash 1 load of clothes), so husband took it and tried to clean out the hose. So, I didn’t get laundry started, which meant I ended up doing 3 loads yesterday. Only took 2 hours in the washer now. Better at least. I did manage to catch up on pretty much everything yesterday, so that’s something at least.
Still sharing from Freeing His Heart for WiPPet Wednesday. Doesn’t look like I’ll be finishing this week like I’d planned, so you may get another snippet from this next week as well. Trying to give snippets that don’t share spoilers of Chasing the Ghost. Of course that could be a bit difficult as this novella is quite connected to something that happened during that one. Today’s snippet does kind of reference that situation, but I think it’s vague enough it doesn’t really give anything away. 28 sentences(5+27+2+0-1-5).
Kellie couldn’t believe it. What was he doing here? Had he followed her? No, she couldn’t believe that. Jared had told her to leave early. She’d argued, but he’d insisted. Her mind hadn’t been on work all day anyway. Because she hadn’t been able to stop thinking about him. And now here he stood right in front of her.
What the hell was he doing here? There had to be any number of stores closer to his father’s side of town. Why was he here?
And why was he just standing there staring at her?
He already had his cart half-filled. So obviously he’d started before she’d gotten here. It had to be a coincidence. And he looked just as shocked to see her. Still, she couldn’t face him. It had been over four months, and yet it still felt so damn fresh.
She started to turn her own cart, but there were two people blocking her way out. The only way to go was forward, right past Jason. He was still standing right there, staring at her. She would have thought he’d been struck by lightning. In fact, she remembered he’d kind of looked like that when he’d come into the clinic all those months before. That was ridiculous, though. A person wasn’t actually struck mute by looking at someone. He’d just been faking his reaction back then.
She couldn’t quite make herself believe he was faking it now though.
He lied about one thing, and she applies it to he obviously lied about everything. Will the figure things out? Will she give him a second chance? Will he pick his chin back up off the floor? Why do I ask questions we all know the answers to? 😉
Now for my RoW80 update:
- Freeing His Heart – Finish 1st draft – I have at least 10 more scenes to finish. So this is not likely. I may have to take first week of June for this. Have added 5924 words so far this week.
- Law of Choice – 1st round revisions – adding new scenes in now, then getting to rest of revisions. Have added 1846 new words so far.
Let It Begin – finish outline– got this finished yesterday
- Some Fools Never Learn(Hunter Family #2) – Brainstorm – got started on this yesterday. have general characters and protagonist brainstormed
- Into the Sun – total: 8000 words – weekend project
- Story a Day – didn’t get Sunday’s written, but that’s the only one I’ve missed so far. You can find the list of them here, and this week’s:
- Read: Finish Torn, Hard as You Can(Laura Kaye), Chasing Perfect(Susan Mallery), Brewing Up Murder(Catherine Lynn), & Bad Boys of Eden(this is a collection, & I have at least 1 or 2 separately) – way behind on reading. Only about halfway through Torn.
- Crochet: Loopy Love Blanket – About 2/3 of the way through this.
- Knit: Schooner hat – will start when I finish the blanket.