If my computer will cooperate for more than five seconds at a time, I just might get this blog post written. And since my frustration is currently at my maximum level, this will probably be a quick post. Only so much constantly freezing up I can take. First, my WiPPet Snippet. Today I have 7 paragraphs from shortly after last week’s snippet. Megan is letting Callum take Kaelin out unsupervised for the first time(that had been one of her rules at first, that he didn’t see her if Meg wasn’t around), and he’s picking her up from Megan’s parents’.
“Callum. Come in. Kaelin’s barely stopped talking about getting to go with you tonight.” He couldn’t help it. The corners of his mouth pulled into a big smile at that. “I’m glad she’s excited, and I hope she won’t be disappointed.” Adam Luzat clapped him on the shoulder. “Honestly, Callum, I don’t think anything you could do would disappoint that girl. The way she talks about you…” He shook his head, a wide grin on his face. “It’s the way Megan used to talk about me, the way she used to look at me.” That had the smile fading, and some of the light went out of his eyes. “I did disappoint her, though. We put too much on her too young. She always carried too much responsibility. I think you were her one rebellion.” “She wasn’t a teenager when we met,” Callum reminded him. “It’s kind of hard for a grown woman to rebel against her parents. Making your own decisions isn’t a rebellion.” “I know. And look what we got out of it. A beautiful little girl who makes all our lives brighter.” Callum could certainly agree with that. She brought a new light into his life, and he couldn’t help but smile when she brought that light with her down the hallway, running toward him with one shoe untied. Thankfully she didn’t trip over it before he had her in his arms. She smelled just as sunny as she looked. I missed you. It’s what he wanted to say, even though he’d just seen her that morning. Instead, he knelt in front of her and tied her shoe then looked into her face. “You ready to go?” She nodded fast. “I’ve been waiting and waiting for you to get here, Daddy. All day.”
Not sure how many more scenes I’ll be sharing from this. Will probably depend on what I start writing next(or I may start sharing from Nolan’s story soon. We’ll see). I’ve been making good progress on my goals this week(a little less so today as I’ve been fighting with my computer, but still got my writing in).
- Flames of Restoration: add 12500 words(or 55,000 words) – I’ve added 7603 so far today. Sitting at just over 50000. On track with this.
- Stained Blood: add 5000 words(or total of 45000 words) – have added 3239 to this. Sitting at a little over 43300 words. On track. I may even have the first draft finished before the end of the week. Certainly sometime next week. Only have probably a few more scenes to write. It’s definitely short, but I may add more during revisions.
- Flames of Renewal: Finish 2nd round revisions I’m through 10/25 chapters. Haven’t gotten to today’s yet.
- Kurztown 2.5: Brainstorm – have started this. Then, I wasted too much time yesterday reading through Law of Choice & Scars and All because I couldn’t remember if I’d given Patrick a specific eye color. Not that I could find, but I got to read about Brian and Doren again, so there’s that 😉
- Into the Sun: add 1000 words – weekend project
- Just Add Moonlight: Revise – weekend project
- Story a Day – keeping up with this. I’ve been writing these first thing in the morning.
Dearest Clementine(Lex Martin),Rumplestiltskin’s Daughter(Breeana Puttroff), The Dividing Line(Victoria H Smith), Love, Chocolate, and Beer(Violet Duke), and Unafraid(Melody Grace) – enjoyed Dearest Clementine. About 60% through Rumplestiltskin’s Daughter. It’s interesting.
- Knit: Schooner Hat – Finish – decided to set this aside for right now
- Crochet: Loopy Love Blanket – Start – started the first one of these. I’m planning on making two and hoping to have them done by 5/17 when we’ll be heading to my hometown for my niece’s birthday party. Since my cousin and best friend have both had babies recently I want to give these to them, which is why I’m moving it up.
It’s taken me almost two hours to get this typed up because of how slow/non-responsive my computer has been. Thinking of shutting down for the rest of the day and just reading.