I had been doing pretty good with at least staying caught up on my writing goals until Friday. I’m not sure what happened that day, the words just weren’t coming. I think I needed to take a break from it all. So, I read most of the afternoon and evening. I got up Saturday morning, and the words flowed a lot better. I got almost completely caught up on goals then. Even with spending most of the day outside.
Today we’re going up to Presque Isle to ride bikes with the kids. Then, we’re meeting my husband’s family for dinner to celebrate his brother’s birthday(which was Thursday). Today also would have been his dad’s 62nd birthday. So, I probably won’t be getting much done after I finish this post.
Flames of Restoration: Add 15000 words( ~42500 words total)– 14972 which put total at 42525. I’m not sure what was blocking me on this on Friday, but I think I’m past it. Stained Blood: Add 5000 words(~40000 words total)– 4978, which put total just over 40000. I was planning 60k for this one, but not sure it will make it past 50k(which could always change in revisions). Flames of Renewal: Second read through– finished this Friday, and compiled all my notes in Scrivener Saturday. Jace’s Story(Hunter Family, Book 1): Outline– Finished this Saturday. Kind of excited to start writing. Once I finish Flames of Restoration. Into the Sun: Add at least 250 words– I added almost 800, mostly written on my phone while outside yesterday. Considering I had no idea where this was going when I started it, I’m liking it’s direction. It may turn into more than a short story though. Just Add Moonlight: Finish– Added 652 words to it this morning and finished the rough draft. I’m actually going to have to cut words here. It has to be under 1000 words before I submit it, and I’m 183 over. I’ll be working on that next weekend. Blog: W-Z posts– got all these done, and the challenge is over. I really had fun with it. Will probably plan on doing it again next year. Until then, returning to my regular blogging schedule.
- Crochet: Hooded Cowl – finished this yesterday, too. I messed up a little on the hood, but I think it still turned out all right.
Also, don’t think I mentioned it on here, I’m doing the Story a Day challenge again. Last time I attempted was back in 2012, and I got a few story sparks from it. This time, I’m mostly doing back story pieces on characters, mostly from the Flames series. And I’m trying to follow the daily prompts. We’ll see how I do. These are what I have for now:
And now, since April is over, it’s time to evaluate how I did. Blue means achieved, red means not.
- Stained Blood – 1st draft
So, I technically didn’t meet this goal. Because I changed my goal partway into the month. But, I did write 72,322 words between two projects, which is more than I had planned for that first draft. And that doesn’t include the 1385 I wrote on short stories during the month.
- Stained by Ashes – send to CP
- Flames of Renewal – 1st round revisions
- By the Gun – finish outline
- Flames spin-off: Outline – technically didn’t finish this in April, but it was close.
- A-Z Challenge
- Keep up with WiPPet/RoW80 posts
- Row80 sponsor duties
- Keep up with blog comments
- Read/listen: 21 fiction books(includes short stories/novellas) – listened to 4, read 21.
- Read: How Do Private Eyes Do That?(Colleen Collins)
- Knit: Simple Cable Scarf
- Crochet: Hooded Cowl – again, technically I finished this in May, but I’m still counting it.
Overall, I’d say I did pretty good for April. So, my goals for May:
- Stained Blood – finish 1st draft
- Flames of Restoration – finish 1st draft
- Jace’s Story – write 30,000 words
- Story a Day Challenge
- Into the Sun – add 4k or finish
- Flames of Renewal – 2nd round revisions
- Law of Choice – 1st read through
- Just Add Moonlight – revise & submit
- Any WiPs I get back from CP/Betas – revise for next stage
- Kurztown 2.5 – Outline
- Stained #4 – start brainstorming(though Jacob hasn’t been talking to me, so may shelve this one)
- Listen/Read: 19 books
- Knit: Schooner Hat
- Crochet: Loopy Love Blanket
And to meet those, my goals for this week:
- Flames of Restoration: add 12500 words(or 55,000 words)
- Stained Blood: add 500 words(or total of 45000 words)
- Flames of Renewal: Finish 2nd round revisions
- Kurztown 2.5: Brainstorm
- Into the Sun: add 1000 words
- Just Add Moonlight: Revise
- Read: Dearest Clementine(Lex Martin), Rumpelstiltskin’s Daughter(Breeana Puttroff), The Dividing Line(Victoria H Smith), Love, Chocolate, and Beer(Violet Duke), and Unafraid(Melody Grace)
- Knit: Schooner Hat – Finish
- Crochet: Loopy Love Blanket – Start