So, on Wednesday I mentioned that I’d fallen behind on my goals during the beginning of the week. Well, I spent most of Wednesday playing catch-up. It took me until a little after dinner and over 5500 words, but I got there. Thursday I was done a little before dinner & even wrote some extra words on Flames of Restoration. And on Friday, I was done just a little past lunchtime. Then, since my computer’s been acting up(keeps freezing up for a few seconds when I do just about anything and says ‘not responding’), I decided to try to see if I could get it working. After running the disk cleanup(I’ve had this for about 2 years, and think it’s the first time I’ve done it), it’s running a lot better. I guess maybe I should think about doing that more often.
Yesterday, the boy had a birthday party to go to for a friend at school. It was at a bounce house place up in the city. My husband took him to that while the girl and I got some lunch and walked over to Barnes & Noble. That was after we’d already gone to the used book store(where I got 1 Louis L’Amour book that I’d seen there on our last trip but had to check if I already had it or not & the next in Jill Shalvis’ Animal Magnetism series). The girl got another book for her there and one for her brother. At B&N we both got 2 more books each. So, instead of shrinking, my TBR pile is growing more. This is why I probably don’t have to worry about running out of books to read for a while(I still have almost 80 on my kindle to read not counting the ones in the ‘free’ folder).
We ended up being gone almost all day – left early to get new tires on the truck, then after the party, we met my MIL at Presque Isle and walked to a local diner for dinner. And another stop for groceries, meant we didn’t get home until almost 8. We’d left the house around 8 that morning. So, it was a long day. I didn’t get much done(aside from finishing the book I’d been reading while riding in the truck). This morning I got a little done on the two short stories I’m working on. Not a lot, but I’ve got some ideas on them.
Stained Blood – *Changed to ~5k*Add ~10k to this(total around 35k) – Added 5275 to this. I’m planning on sticking with the 1k/day goal for this one. Flames of Restoration – Add ~10k to this(total around 15k)– added 9861 words but that got me to 15126. I’m actually going to raise this goal to ~2500/day or 12,500 for the week. Flames of Renewal – Revise through Chapter 10– I’m actually through Chapter 11(I didn’t have any revisions in that chapter to do). I’d written a set of scenes as a bit of bonus material that were from Mark & Caitie’s POV(their book is the next one), and decided to rework that and throw it in. We’ll see if it stays or not, but it does set their story up a bit. I’ve added 4488 words to it this week. Flames Volunteer Spin-off – Brainstorm– this is done and I have a *tentative* series title. Still no title for this first book, though. As far as I know, there will probably be 4 books in this series.
- Into the Sun: Add at least 250 words to this. – Not quite. I wrote about 211 words this morning on it. Have some ideas for where to take it.
- Just Add Moonlight: a flash story for the TGNA anthology. We’ll see how this goes. – Have 53 words written so far on this. I’m not sure if I’ll have anything by the deadline(5/15), but I’ll keep working on it.
Blog: K-P posts– got all these written & scheduled ahead of time Read: Finish Island of Glass(Ruth Nestvold), A Hero for Holly(Kristy K James), Hard As It Gets(Laura Kaye), Catch Me When I Fall(Vicki Leigh), Rescue My Heart(Jill Shalvis), & Sunlounger 2(various authors) – Really enjoyed Hard as It Gets & Catch Me When I Fall. And I absolutely loved Rescue My Heart. I bought the next book in the series at the used bookstore before I’d even finished this one. I actually bought Sunlounger for just the one story in it b/c the author is a twitter friend. I tried a couple of the other stories, but none of them caught my interest. So, I read just the one and then started Thankless in Death(J.D. Robb).
- Knit: Simple Cable Scarf – Finish Cable pattern 3 & 2(for the second time) – I’m not quite there, but hopefully will finish repeating pattern 2 today(have 2 more repeats to do).
It did end up being a pretty good week even after the slight bump at the beginning. I ended up with almost 20k words written and almost everything crossed off my list for the week. Not a bad week at all.
- Flames of Restoration: Add ~12500 words(total: 27500 words)
- Stained Blood: Add ~5000 words(total: 35000 words)
- Flames of Renewal: Finish Round 1 Revisions
- Hunter Family series: Character Work
- Into the Sun: Add at least 250 words
- Just Add Moonlight: Add at least 250 words
- Blog: Q-V posts
- Read: Thankless in Death(J.D. Robb), The Girl of Fire and Thorns(Rae Carson), Fire in the Woods(Jennifer M. Eaton), & Sweet Southern Sorrow(Tessa Teevan)
- Knit: Simple Cable Scarf – Finish