It feels like I’ve had a bit of an odd week. Monday & Tuesday I was up early, very, very early. Like just after 2 a.m. Then, last night I fell asleep on the couch after putting the kids to bed. Woke up a bit after 1 and actually went in to bed then. Didn’t figure I’d actually get much sleep. Except that I didn’t wake up until 4:30(I’m usually up around 4). Apparently I needed some sleep. I have been getting things done, although I am a little behind today. Still, things are going well, and hopefully my sleep schedule will be back on track.
For today’s WiPPet, I have 18 sentences(4+8+1+5) from Chapter 15 of Flames of Recompense. Callum has gone to talk to Megan. He’s already tried to do it once, but they got interrupted.
“I know,” she said and finally came over to sit across from him at the table. “I shouldn’t have said you couldn’t see her now. It scared me to think you’d so easily go back to that when I was finally starting to trust you.”
“Were you really?” he asked, his voice going hard again. God, how could she make him go from angry to sad to hopeful and right back to angry so easily? “If you trusted me, you wouldn’t have just assumed the worst of me.”
“I said starting to, Cal. We still had a ways to go to full trust.”
“So, that’s it?” he asked, pushing up from the chair. “You can’t fully trust me, so I can’t be in your or Kaelin’s lives? How is that fair?”
She stood up too. “It’s not,” she agreed. “It’s not fair at all, Callum. It wasn’t fair for me to go through the pregnancy alone. It wasn’t fair for her to go through her first years without a father. It wasn’t fair to keep her from you for so long. It’s not fair that I still feel so much for you even when I’m afraid of what it will do to her.”
So, is this the start of them working things out? Or not? Check back next week and find out. 😀 In the meantime, go check out the other WiPPeTeers or add your own here.
As for my Row80 goals, we’re only a couple days into the round, but things are going well.
- Stained Blood – 25000 words – I’m up to a little over 21000 words. They’ve been coming a little easier since I got past that one troublesome scene. Should meet this goal by Friday.
- Flames of Restoration – 5000 words – These words have been flowing rather well. I may end up cutting the first 2 scenes(not sure I want to start there), but keeping them for now. A little over 3k into it right now.
- Flames of Renewal – First Read Through – I’m about 56% through this. Marked a few places where I need to add more and a few details I need to check out some more.
- By the Gun – Outline – I just have to do the beat sheet and outline scenes for this. Should have it finished this week.
- Blog – E-J posts – I have through H done. I’d planned to try to get I & J done last night then I fell asleep on the couch. Maybe tonight.
- Read –
Claimed(Lindsay Buroker), Love’s Paradox(Laura Kreitzer), Captured Love(Juliana Haygert), Heirs of War(Mara Valderran), & Island of Glass(Ruth Nestvold) – Loved Claimed!! But…now I have to wait for the next book. Enjoyed Love’s Paradox though I had a few problems with it. Just started Captured Love but hoping to read more tonight.
- Knit – Simple Cable Scarf – Finish Cable pattern 1 & 2 – Been working on this. Finished that first pattern repeat. Just started the repeats for pattern 2. On track with this.