I know it’s only been half a week, but falling back to my normal way of doing things seems to be working for me. I guess I’m just not one of those people who can focus on one project at a time. Besides the other projects I’m working on, I started a short story yesterday morning. A while ago, I did this exercise where I went through my playlist and randomly chose 30 song titles. The exercise is meant to be used for chapter titles for a WiP. I decided to use it for short stories. I’m only going to work on these on the weekends, though, since I don’t usually work on my main projects then anyway. I’ve got a little more than 1k on this one so far.
Thursday was a 2 hour delay day, and school was cancelled Friday. It was -15(F) out even before the wind. I only went outside to take our garbage can to the end of the driveway, and I’m really glad we didn’t have to wait for the bus. It’s warmer this weekend, but we’re getting more snow. At this point, I’m ready for winter to be over.
It’s been a good week. Wrote almost 14k this week. I’m at twice that for the month.
Flames of Recompense – get at least 9000 words– 9023 words. This is coming along pretty well. The Choice – finish fragment read through– got this done too. Of course, I still have to go through and fix everything I highlighted. Buried Secrets – finish back stories– got these done too. Almost 1500 words in plotting. Read: Maybe Someday & Finding It– finished both of these and really enjoyed them. Also read Falling into Forever(Elena Aitken) and started Queen of the Tearling(Erika Johansen) yesterday. I’m 40% through it now. Read: Writing Fight Scenes – 50%– got to this point. There’s been a lot more about sword fighting than anything else, which I don’t have much of in my stories. still some useful information.
- Knit: Faux Crochet Stole – halfway done with pattern repeats – just about there. I have 2 more pattern repeats to do, which I hope to finish today.
Like I said, it’s been a good week. For next week:
- Flames of Recompense – add 15k words
- The Choice – Fix fragments & polish. Send to beta readers if I can finish this & get them lined up.
- Buried Secrets – Outline
- Take Me Under(short story) – finish first draft
- Read: Queen of the Tearling, The Vampire Exclusive(Julie Glover), & Marine for Hire(Tawna Fenske)
- Read: Writing Fight Scenes
- Knit: Faux Crochet Stole – Finish