I started out this week well ahead, but by Friday I had caught up to myself. Part of that is the fact I finished Flames of Justice earlier than planned and started on the short story. But, on my to-do lists, the only goal for the short story was to finish it. Instead of breaking it up into smaller goals like I usually do. So, I kept working away at it instead of getting other stuff done between those smaller goals. But, in the end, I still got everything done. Including the short story, which I wrote 6262(I could hardly believe that total) in 3 days. Really not too bad since when I started it on Wednesday, I wasn’t completely sure what I was going to do with it.
Flames of Justice – Finish 1st draft– I did this. 5363 words written this week. The total for the story came in at 20427 Brainstorm – idea for Caitie’s(Flames of Retribution) brother’s story. not sure if this will be a full novel or just novella, but he’s been bugging me to write it.– this is brainstormed. Will be starting back stories this week. Read: The Minaldi Legacy(Courtney Cole), Calculated in Death(J.D. Robb), and Soulless(L.S. Engler)– finished these just in time to count them for this month. Read: Forensics for Writers – Finish– finished this too Crochet: Flower Pop Hat
- Knit: Baby Doll Dress – won’t finish this, but I want to at least get it started. – didn’t get this finished, but both the front and back are done. I just have to do the seams & the neck and sleeve edging.
Also, since January is over, I’ll evaluate how I did on my goals for this month.
Outline: Flames of Restoration(Flames #5 – Nolan’s story)& at least start Gilbert, CO #5 – finished outlining Nolan’s story but ended up working on another in he Flames series next. Had 4020 plotting words. Write: Finish 1st drafts – Chasing the Ghost(Gilbert, CO #4) & Flames of Justice(Flames #2.5)finished both of these, as well as a short story. Wrote 64065 words between these 3 projects.
Read 21 books– 21/21 Listen: Written in My Own Heart’s Blood(Diana Gabaldon)– finished this Friday night. Finally. I didn’t realize until I started listening it was 45 hours long. Most of the books I listen to aren’t longer than 15. I really did like it, though Forensics for Writers– finished reading this.. Some interesting stuff.
Did pretty good for the month, even if I didn’t finish everything. I should be able to finish that last knitting project today. As for the rest of the month, I plan on switching over to editing. I may work on some short stories on the side as well, but the most part, I’ll be focusing on editing. My CP said she should have The Choice back to me today. So, that will be my first priority.
- The Choice – work through revisions per CP’s notes & send to beta readers
- Stained by Ashes – work through my 2nd round revision notes & send to CP
- Gilbert, Co #3 – first read through(if have time)
- Outline: Brann’s Story(Flames 5.5) & Denise’s Story(Gilbert, CO #5) through character work
- Read 21 books
- Listen: Don’t Judge a Girl By Her Cover(Ally Carter)
- Read: A Lawyer’s Primer for Writers(Shaun Kaufman & Colleen Collins)
- Knit: Baby Doll Dress, Cap with Little Beaded Flowers, & Faux Crochet Stole
- Crochet: Love is Cold Ear Warmer & Broomstick Lace Hat
And for this week:
- The Choice: compile CP’s notes & work through Chapter 11
- Brann’s Story: Back stories
- Read: Anything but Sweet(Candis Terry), All Good Deeds(Stacy Green), Come Monday(Mari Carr), Four Wishes(Christine Nolfi), & Unethical(Jennifer Blackwood)
- Read: A Lawyer’s Primer for Writers – Chapter 11
- Knit: Baby Doll Dress
- Crochet: Love is Cold Ear Warmer