I think my internal alarm clock must be busted. Wednesday morning I slept in(and yes, almost 6 a.m. is sleeping in for me). Now, it’s Sunday, a day I could “sleep in”(b/c even on weekends, my kids are up early, but I don’t set an alarm) and I was wide awake at 2:30 a.m. Usually if I wake up that early, I check twitter and stuff on my phone, put it down, roll over, and go back to sleep. Did all that, except for the last part. Probably didn’t help that a scene for the WiP I’m plotting jumped into my head. I’m not even close to being ready to write this. But, they just don’t want to wait their turn.
I laid in bed until 4, arguing with these two characters to leave me alone and playing games on my phone(which sometimes puts me back to sleep). Still awake. So, figured I might as well get up and get started on today’s goals.
Chasing the Ghost – finish 1st draft– Finished this on Friday. Wrote 19553 words for the week. This story ended up at 86801 words. A little longer than I’d first figured. Flames of Restoration – Finish back stories– these are done, too. 1748 words of plotting written.
Nothing Between Us(Roni Loren), Cinder(Marissa Meyer), Not Until You(Roni Loren – read this when it was released as serial, but going to read it straight through now and the bonus short story included), The Billionaire’s Counterfeit Girlfriend(Nadia Lee),& Blood Magick(Nora Roberts) – Lots of good reading this week. I’m hoping to finish Blood Magick today. Read: Forensics for Writers: Read through Chapter 11– got through this. Some interesting stuff. Crochet: Finish Sleigh Bell Scarf
- Knit: Vertical Stripe Tie – get through row 4 – I’ve finished through row 3. Hoping to do row 4 today.
Since I finished Chasing the Ghost, I’m going to be picking up Flames of Justice, the novella in my Flames series I started several months back. I already have about 6500 words in on it. I’m hoping to have this finished by the end of the month.
- Flames of Justice – halfway through Chapter 5(which is 5 planned scenes. more may jump in there).
- Flames of Restoration – Outline
- Read: Animal Attraction(Jill Shalvis), Half Bad(Sally Green), The Sweetest Thing(Jill Shalvis), & The Raven Boys(Maggie Stiefvater)
- Read: Forensics for Writers: Read through Chapter 16
- Knit: Vertical Stripe Tie – get through row 11