The second half of the week went better than the first. The boy went back to school on Thursday. I got back into my regular routine. I actually got ahead on my goals(in fact, it’s almost 10 a.m. on Saturday as I write this). I have the pants for the boy’s Halloween costume done. The waistband look a bit screwy. Had some trouble stitching the elastic in, but the rest of his costume covers it, so it will work for a night of trick-or-treating. And we now have 4 ton of pellets stacked up in the garage. We’ll probably be getting one more, and we’ll be set for winter.
- Healing the Heart – send to CP – still sitting on this.
- The Choice – start revising as soon as I get it back from CP – waiting on this still
Chasing the Ghost – write 5 scenes– 5/5 written. 6356 words
- Flames of Justice – 1250 words – 764/1250. After my words on this on Wednesday, I had no idea what I was doing with this. I’ve decided to set this aside for now. I may revisit it after I finish Chasing the Ghost and my NaNo.
Short Story – finish fleshing out& read over again – I finished fleshing it out. It’s now just over 3k. I printed it out last night and plan on reading it through Monday. Callum’s Story – Brainstorm– I did all the brainstorming on this. I’ll start on character back stories this week. Read: Rise of the Machines: Section 4– finished this. One more section to read through.
- Knit: slippers – I have the first slipper finished.Went shopping Saturday and finally got some more yarn to finish the slouch hat I’d started last month. I’m not sure it’s exactly the same shade, but think it’s pretty close. And I got some yarn to make another hat that’s on my list. I’ll work on those once my slippers are finished.
I also read Memory War(Paul Anthony Shortt) and So This is Love(Barbara Freethy).
Didn’t get as much done this week as I’d like, but still making progress. For next week:
- The Choice – start revisions once I get it back
- Healing the Heart – send to CP after I get The Choice back from her
- Chasing the Ghost – write 5 scenes
- Short Story – revise
- Callum’s Story – back stories
- Read: Rise of the Machines
- Knit: slippers