I have been making a good bit of progress this week. I’ve made it more than halfway through the list of words I need to kill in Healing the Heart. ‘Very’ wasn’t too bad. Only about 12 of those through it. ‘Was’ on the other hand…let’s just say, I edited for about an hour & a half this morning and still not quite halfway through the MS. And that’s even with going through a couple chapters last night. Doesn’t seem to matter how many times I edit it out, I keep putting it in first drafts.
Yesterday morning I went for my usual walk. The weather was really warm, especially for mid-October. All of a sudden, I see this large black dog running right at me. A moment of “oh crap” then he runs around me and starts back down the road. It kept stopping and looking back though, like he was making sure I was following. Thank goodness it was friendly at least(and someone did come and get him).
For today’s WiPPet, I have 7 sentences(1+0+1+5) from Chapter 4 of Law of Choice.
He’d always been told what a chip of the old block he was of his father. It had made his little boy heart proud at one time. Until he’d realized his father was just like the bullies at school. Then, he just wanted them to stop saying it. People did when they noticed Brian and his mother leaving the house with bruises. It still slipped out sometimes, and the words seemed to shadow him.
If he stayed here in town, he’d end up just like his father.
Anyway, onto RoW80. Like I said above, I’ve made some nice progress this week.
- Healing the Heart – finish polishing – like I said, I’m more than halfway through this. Still should be able to finish by the end of the week.
- Chasing the Ghost – Draft through Chapter 8 – I have 1 more scene in Chapter 7 to finish then 2(at least) in Chapter 8 to write. Still on track with this.
- Flames of Justice – write another 1250 words – 540/1250 so far. Haven’t worked on it yet today, but should be able to stay on track.
- Brainstorm Pirates idea & Nolan’s story/decide what to plot next – didn’t work on either. Decided to flesh out the outline for my NaNo instead. I should finish that today, then I’m going to start brainstorming Nolan’s story since I’m more excited about that one than the Pirates idea.
Revise RoW80 sponsor post– this is done. Going to read it over again then send it off.
finish Firelands& Summer of Change(Elena Aitken) – finished reading Firelands last night. Enjoyed it. haven’t started Summer of Change yet, but I probably will today.
- Read: Rise of the Machines – Through Section 3 – Finished Section 2 & am not quite halfway through section 3.
- Crochet: Lamb hat – almost finished with this. Just need to finish the ears and sew them on.