I finished the first draft of Flames of Retribution on Friday morning. I’m not sure I’m completely happy with the ending. There are a couple loose ends that aren’t quite tied up. But, for now, it’s finished and set aside until I’m ready to revise(which according to my calendar right now, will be next summer. that will probably change b/c I can never stick to that calendar). Yesterday I worked from 7 in the morning until 5in the evening at the local racetrack for the Rusty Wallace Driving experience. There were classes every hour(until 3) and then you could go out and drive around the track. I got to print out the pictures of each of the people driving with one of the cars and put them in plaques. As well as setting up & tearing down and jumping in and out of the trailer. My left knee is sore today(have had problems with it since my second year running cross country in high school). It was interesting though and not too bad other than one guy who threw a fit because he apparently didn’t listen to the rules. It’s amazing how upset I can get about a confrontation that doesn’t even involve me(and how can I write conflict, when I cannot stand it in real life?).
My MIL had the kids yesterday since I was at the track and husband had to work all day. She took them to get some pictures done. I’ve only seen a couple of these. But I saw this one and started laughing, because it is a perfect one of the boy:
And this one *had* to be posed. They never get along this well. Although he does always have his hand in his pocket.
Anyway, it’s been a pretty good week. The kids seem to be coming down with colds though. I’m just hoping they don’t get too bad. I have to finish filling out a questionnaire about the boy’s development so I can send it back to preschool with him tomorrow. Some of these questions seem ridiculous. Like can he follow 3 unrelated orders put together(Clap your hands, go to the door, and sit down). But, they don’t include a response for him smiling, laughing, and saying “no”. Which is exactly what he does when he just doesn’t feel like doing it.
Anyway, onto this week’s progress:
Flames of Retribution: finish 1st draft –DONE. DONE. DONE. *dances around living room* okay, not really, b/c I’d probably hurt myself. 🙂 It came in at 84,409 words. Healing the Heart: Finish read through & compile notes –just finished typing up the notes this morning. Planning to start revisions tomorrow.
- The Hunt – finish world building – nearly there. I’m hoping to get it done today then start focusing more on characters and plot
Hanna, Hanna, One-and-Two, The Evolution of Mara Dyer(Michelle Hodkin), Until There Was You(Jessica Scott),& My Fate for Yours(Steph Campbell & Jolene Perry) Didn’t get a chance to read at all yesterday, but I’m about 40% through My Fate for Yours. I enjoyed the others. Really like Jessica Scott’s books. Of course, last time I was at the store, I saw the next one in the series on the shelf. Last night when we were there? Couldn’t find it.
- Crochet: Autumn Slouch Hat – not finished yet. I probably would be, except I ran out of yarn. I have 2 other balls of purple cotton yarn. Neither is the same shade. I tried looking when we were shopping last night, but couldn’t find it. I’ll have to check other stores to see if I can find it.
- Knit: Pumpkin Hat – almost finished with the body of this, then I just have do the decreases and make the stem & leaves.
Goals for next week:
- Law of Choice: Diving back into this one. Want to get through the midpoint.
- Healing the Heart: Revise 5 chapters
- The Hunt: brainstorming
- Read: Can’t Help Falling in Love(Bella Andre), Something Strange and Deadly(Susan Dennard), City of Fallen Angel(Cassandra Clare), and Throne of Glass(Sarah J. Maas)
- Read: Writing about Magic – Finish
- Knit: Pumpkin Hat – finish
- Crochet: Baby Baseball Cap