I think I mentioned last week about my calendar I have set up. I tried doing paper calendars before, but I was always whiteing out things, so I figured it would be easier to do a digital calendar. It does making changing it easier. Anyways, last week I went through and figured out my deadlines for various projects, working with alternating drafting and revising months. And I was thinking that instead of doing my usual word count goals, or even time goals for each week, I’d figure out my weekly goals based on this schedule of deadlines. I want to have the 1st draft of Flames of Retribution finished by Friday, and I have at least 7 more scenes to write(that’s what I have plotted out. I may add more as I work through those). I can split those up through the next week in order to be done by Friday. I’ve done this before and it usually works well. At least until I fall behind and try to play catch up.
I made pretty good progress last week. Added almost 17000 words between Flames of Retribution & plotting the historical.
- Flames of Retribution – 4 hours a day for hopefully around 20k(which will bring me to around 75k) – I did the 4 hours each day and managed 15,707. Friday was a 4700+ word day. I’m over 70k now. This will probably come in around 80k, which seems to be pretty standard for me
- Healing the Heart – 1 hour a day & hopefully half way through it – got a little more than halfway through. I’m through 19/30 chapters. Planning to have it finished and notes compiled into the scrivener document by Friday.
- GH&SF – finish character work – finished this and outlined the plot. Now, it’s sitting until I’m ready to start writing it.
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown(Holly Black), Ashes and Bone(Stacy Green), Dare to Desire(Carly Phillips),& Hanna, Hanna, One-and-Two(Myndi Shafer) – I’m almost 1/2 through the last book on the list. I’ll probably finish it sometime today. I’ve enjoyed all of them. Read: Writing about Magic(Rayne Hall) – Through Chapter 9– this is done. Knit: Bee-utiful Dishcloth– Finished this yesterday morning.
For next week:
- Flames of Retribution: finish 1st draft
- Healing the Heart: Finish read through & compile notes
- The Hunt – finish world building
- Read: Hanna, Hanna, One-and-Two, The Evolution of Mara Dyer(Michelle Hodkin), Until There Was You(Jessica Scott), & My Fate for Yours(Steph Campbell & Jolene Perry)
- Crochet: Autumn Slouch Hat
- Knit: Pumpkin Hat
Temperatures are already cooling off, so I’ll probably be switching back to heavier yarns for my crafting after this month. Also, next month means my focus switching to revision with drafting on the side.