One more week until school starts here. Yes, I’m counting down. It’s felt like a very long summer. My every day = fight, whining, fits. I’m ready to get a break, especially since the boy’s naps have been unpredictable with his sister home. She’ll be in first grade this year, and he’s going to a preschool in town. Our school has a pre-k program as well, but he has to wait another year before he can go there. But, he’ll be 4 in a couple weeks and could really use the social time. And it gives me several hours of peace and quiet to get some writing done.
This week’s numbers are lower than they have been. The girl had her 7 year check-up on Monday, so we were gone most of the morning. She’s still a peanut(even though she’s one of the oldest in her class, she’s always been one of the smallest), but healthy. Today may not have much more time. We’ve been fixing up our entry way/utility room. The floor had been getting soft, so husband replaced that. As well as a few spots in the wall. Yesterday I sanded the spots he had patched up. Today I need to paint the walls. Still hope to get everything done though. We’ll see. Also cutting down on my hours of writing. Going from 8 hours to 6. I may change that again depending on how the days go when the kids start school.
It’s Wednesday, so that means WiPPet time. Today I have 10(8+2+0) paragraphs from Chapter 3 of Flames of Retribution. This happens the same night as last week’s snippet.
She headed over to the group of men, her gaze landing on the man down again. That didn’t look good. He wasn’t moving. She swung her gaze over the rest of them. Looked like minor injuries for the rest, although one was rubbing at his throat.
“We’ll answer your questions, Officer. But my partner here needs to be seen. He may have taken a blow to the head.” Caitie turned her gaze to the man who had spoken. She’d seen him before. She sorted through her memory and finally landed on it. Adrian’s wedding. He’d been there with Mark. Then, she heard that growl.
“Told you I’m fine, Nolan. Will you fucking let me get up already? Austin’s the one needs to be seen.”
Her throat went dry. She’d recognize that voice. She brought her gaze to him and nearly gasped. He must have taken a blow, the side of his face was bruised. Nolan just kept his hand on his shoulder. “You’re going to stay there. You could barely stand.”
“My fucking leg. And the fucker probably bruised my ribs. Not my head.”
Caitie took a step forward. “Need some help here, Ham?”
“Just for these dumb smoke eaters to tell me what happened.”
She met Nolan’s gaze first and saw the smile spread across his face. “Fairy. What the hell are you doing here?”
Mark’s head jerked up at that. She saw him wince at the movement, but his gaze didn’t leave hers. There was pain in his eyes, but anger came in to cover it. “Caitie? What the hell?”
Then, his gaze moved down. Her skin tingled, as it roved over her chest to her badge, down to her waist, then back up, taking in her uniform. She held herself still, but she saw the muscle in his jaw twitch. “What the hell?” He said again.
Now, on to my RoW80 progress.
- Flames of Retribution – Draft 3 hrs/day: At least another 10k – Did the 3 hours Monday and Tuesday(2 hours so far today) and less than 5k. Hopefully my focus will return for the second half of the week.
- Healing the Heart – Revise 2 hrs/day: Through Chapter 25 – Didn’t work the 2 hours at all but have decided to take this down to 1. Have added over 900 words to Chapter 16 though.
- Scars and All – Plot 1 hr/day: Finish plotting – I did finish plotting this yesterday. Now, I’ll be moving on to fleshing out a possible fantasy idea.
- Law of Choice – Write 1 hr/day: 10 pages – Haven’t done much on this. Didn’t get to it on Monday. Yesterday I just typed up the words I wrote on Friday. I took this goal down to 1/2 hour.
- Flames of Justice – 1 hr/day: 5 pages – Didn’t do much on this either. Didn’t get to it on Monday either. Yesterday I started typing up the back stories I had written. Also going down to 1/2 hr on this.
- Knit: Turtle Love Bib – I have this started.