I’m writing this up on Saturday, for a couple reasons. One: I have pretty much everything finished for the week anyway. Two: Sunday is my daughter’s 7th birthday and party. So, may be a little busy to write it up tomorrow. She wanted a “John Deere Girl” birthday, so I’m still trying to figure out how to decorate the cake. Couldn’t find matching plates and decorations for this, but we’ll probably put up green, yellow, and pink balloons. A couple of her friends from school are coming as well as family. And it looks like it’s going to be nice, so hopefully the kids can run around outside. We tend to keep parties pretty laid back.
Obviously my week continued to go well. I had my eight hours of writing/editing/plotting goals finished mostly before dinner. Usually only had some knitting to do after the kids went to bed. Then, I read for the rest of the night. Pretty sure my schedule after the kids go back to school will be: write until kids wake up, do chores while kids dress/eat breakfast, get them on buses(preschool program isn’t through school, so he’ll ride a different bus), go for walk(weather permitting), do social media stuff while eating breakfast, write until the boy gets home(with a break for lunch). And I’ll probably do any crafting/reading after the kids are in bed at night.
Flames of Retribution: 3 hrs/day or 2k/day– done & more than done. I averaged about 2925 words a day. It’s a little short of 15k, but I’m coming up on what I thought was my midpoint. I only plotted out the main plot points this time. so there may be more to add in there. Or I may start it a little earlier(which I’d been debating when I did start it). But, I’ll figure that out later. For right now, I’m just letting them tell the story(and they apparently do want their story told).
- Flames of Redemption: 2 hrs/day(or polished & sent to betas) – done, but not quite done. I did the 2 hrs a day. I don’t quite have it polished yet. Jut a few more of my crutch words to search for. Then, I’ll be looking for beta readers.
- Doren’s Story: 1 hr/day(or finish character work) – did the 1 hour. not quite finished with the character work. Finished Doren’s back story and called myself a cruel, heartless person. Started on the love interest’s back story. Have to finish hers, write the antagonist’s and fill in my character chart(so I can keep details straight). Then, I’ll work on fleshing out the plot. I might have this done by the end of the month.
Law of Choice: 1 hr/day(in notebook)– yes. Added about 9 pages. Flames of Justice – 1/2 hr a day– have managed this as well. Got some brainstorming done and most of one character back story written. I mentioned this on Twitter on Friday. The MC is Kayla’s ex-fiance from Flames of Redemption. I hated him when I first wrote him, but he kept insisting he had a story to tell too. I didn’t think I’d actually feel sympathy for him, until he told me exactly why he did what he did. Now there a sliver of sympathy. He was still a jerk though. (And yes, I probably sound insane right now. This is why I don’t talk about my writing with non-writers much). Rick & Leann: 1/2 hr a day– yes. another 1513 words. I think I might be on the last scene. Or maybe one more. Read: Greylands(Krista Walsh & others) & A Beauty So Beastly(RaShelle Workman)– read both of these. Really enjoyed Greylands. The other was more meh. I just didn’t really care about the characters until about half way through. I did finish it, but probably wouldn’t if it had been longer. I also finished listening to Dreams of Gods and Monsters(Laini Taylor) LOOOOOOVED IT. 🙂 And I started listening to Catching Fire. Not entirely fond of the narrator, but I’m over 5 hours into it. And yeah, I know, I’m coming in kind of late to this series. Knit: Berry Baby Hat– Done Crochet: Orbital Dishcloth– Done. Finished it in one day.
- Also knitted a “Leafy Newborn Beanie” Started it Friday. Finished it on Saturday.
Goals for next week:
- Flames of Retribution – 3 hrs/day
- Flames of Redemption – 2 hrs/day & find readers
- Doren’s Story(currently titled Scars and All) – 1 hr/day & finish character work
- Law of Choice – 1 hr/day – shooting for another 10 pages
- Flames of Justice – 1/2 hr/day – hoping to finish back stories at least
- Rick & Leann – 1/2 hr a day & finish
- Read: Beyond Control(Kit Rocha) & Past My Defenses(Wendy Sparrow)
- Crochet: Ship’s Helm Dishcloth