It’s been a week of finishing. Not just one month, but another first draft, revisions, and some plotting. And a short story. And one that actually stayed within short story range(barely though). I don’t know if I’ll do anything with this, or if I’ll just count it as back story for Flames of Retribution. Some of it may work into the beginning of Retribution.
Flames of Renewal – Finish 1st draft– done. It’s just over 61k. I tend to add during the first round of revisions though, so it will probably end up longer. Or this just might be how long this one is meant to be. Flames of Redemption is almost 95k though. Flames of Redemption – Finish edits– done. Going to do a polishing run through then will be looking for beta readers. Flames of Retribution – Finish plotting– done. Also wrote the short story leading right up to the start of this. It was just short of 7500 words. Wrote it out in a notebook over Thursday and Friday. Don’t usually write that much by hand, but I think it did good to get away from the computer for this one. Rick & Leann – 500 words– done. 541 words. Getting close to the end of this, I think. Which is good timing since I just finished posting the other one I’d written for my Fiction Friday posts. Read: Because of You(Jessica Scott) & Finding Perfect(Susan Mallery)– finished both of these. Ended up enjoying Finding Perfect even if I wasn’t sure of the premise at first. It was the third book in the series, so I’ve added the first 2 and the fourth to my wish list. I also read Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry. And bawled three separate times in the last 15%. I think making me cry makes a book an automatic 5 stars for me(I may be a little weird). Also read Le Theatre Mecanique(Brooke Johnson) yesterday. Knit: Leaf Lace Washcloth– finished this as well.
It feels good to get everything crossed off. Now, as for how I did for the month of July:
Flames of Renewal – add 50k– just over 53k. The Choice – polish & send to CP– done Flames of Redemption – work through CP’s comments– done Stained Blood – outline– done Flames of Retribution – Write back stories– done + rest of plotting Rick & Leann – write 500 words/week– yes
Finish listening to Days of Blood & Starlight– done. Also listened to The Bone Season & half of Dreams of Gods & Monsters Read: 7 fiction books– 10/7 books Read: Myths and Legends of the Great Plains– done. found a few interesting ones.
Knit: 2 projects(I’ve already finished 1 this month) – Basic Newborn hat & Leaf Lace Washcloth– done Crochet: 2 projects – Flower Power Dishcloth & Round Basket– done
For August my goals are:
- Flames of Retribution – 40k words
- Flames of Redemption – Polish & send to betas
- Healing the Heart(Gilbert, CO #2 – Duty to Protect was #1) – Revisions – Round 1
- Doren’s Story(Kurztown #2) – Outline
- Law of Choice(Kurztown #.5) – write 30 pages
- Rick & Leann – finish
I’m going to be adjusting my schedule, or at least how I do it for this month. Mostly so I know what to expect next month. Since it’s likely the boy will be in preschool for the mornings, I’ll have more time). So my daily writing goals are going to be time-related. But, I still want to have a word count goal to aim for. Otherwise, I’m afraid I’ll sit there and stare at the screen most of the time. Not very productive. But, if I can get an idea of how much I can write during a set time, my word goal will be easier to set up.
- Listen: Dreams of Gods & Monsters
- Read 10 books(including Pushing the Limits in this, so I’m already 1 down)
- Read: Write Your Novel From the Middle(James Scott Bell)
- Knitting: Finish 3 projects(Berry Baby Hat, Leafy Newborn Beanie, & Turtle Love Bib)
- Crochet: Finish 2 projects(Orbital Dishcloth & Ship’s Helm Dishcloth)
My goals for next week:
- Flames of Retribution: 3 hrs/day or 2k/day
- Flames of Redemption: 2 hrs/day(or polished & sent to betas)
- Doren’s Story: 1 hr/day(or finish character work)
- Law of Choice: 1 hr/day(in notebook)
- Rick & Leann: 1/2 hr a day
- Read: Greylands(Krista Walsh & others) & A Beauty So Beastly(RaShelle Workman)
- Knit: Berry Baby Hat
- Crochet: Orbital Dishcloth