I’ve definitely gotten a good start out of the gate with this round. Of course, I didn’t really take much of a break between rounds either. Just kept going. It’s the way I usually do things. Even on weekends, I have trouble taking breaks. Although during the summer, those weekends tend to be busy, so I don’t always have much choice. In fact, I’m writing this up on Saturday because I’ve finished pretty much all my goals for the week. Tonight I’m working at the racetrack, which means people watching & character profiling. I don’t think we have much planned for tomorrow, so it will probably be a reading day or getting ahead on next week’s goals. The next two weekends will be busier though(another day at the track & family reunion the one & camping the next).
Camp NaNoWriMo is going good. As of right now, I’m predicted to meet m goal by 7/26. So definitely ahead on that. And I finished a quick read of the end of my CP’s MS. I’ll do another read through to make notes on it, but I was excited to read the end and wanted to enjoy it for the first read through(and I did!).
- Flames of Renewal – 15,000 words – I’ve technically only written 14730 words on this for this month. But, my goal in the 15k was to get the WiP up to 26500 words. And I did that. So, this goal was kind of met. That’s how I figure my daily goal – the total words overall. So, I may change this goal to match that.
The Choice – Polish & send to CP– done. Now I flip between excitement and anxiety until she gets it back to me. And start revising Flames of Redemption. Stained Blood – Character work– done. Learned some interesting things about my characters(which is why I love to write out their back stories. They always tell me things I hadn’t known). Rick & Leann – 500 words– 548 words done. I think I’m getting close to the end on this one. Probably a few more scenes. Then, I think I might work on a few bonus scenes I have in my head from things that have happened in Flames of Renewal, but don’t really fit into the story(mostly with side characters).
The Star Thief(Jamie Grey)& Tall, Dark, and Dangerous(Suzanne Brockmann) – finished The Star Thief and really enjoyed it. Yesterday I read the first story in Tall, Dark, and Dangerous – “Prince Joe” I really enjoyed. I worried since the two stories in this book were written back in the 90s. But, it was good. I did laugh a little when she was listening to a cassette tape, since that’s a bit outdated now. But, it was still good. Crochet: Flower Power Dishcloth– Finished this on Wednesday. It turned out nice and was quite easy to make. May do more of these sometimes(also a good way to use up some of my cotton stash. Since I have some balls that aren’t enough to make other projects).
It has been a really good week. Hoping the next is good too.
Edited: Realized I didn’t put my goals for the next week in here.
- Flames of Renewal – get WiP to 41500 words
- Flames of Redemption – Go through CP’s comments & make notes
- Stained Blood – finish plotting
- Flames of Retribution – did some “in-my-head” brainstorming while working at the track. need to get this on paper and figure more things out though.
- Rick & Leann – 500 words
- Read: Flat-Out Love(Jessica Park) & Empath(Becca Campbell)
- Knit: Basic Newborn Hat