No Row80 update for today, since the latest round is over. Of course, if you’ve been following me for very long, you know that doesn’t mean I stop.
My main project this month has been the follow-up to Stained Snow, Stained by Ashes. It’s currently sitting at just over 54,000 words. Over 52,000 of those were written this month. Needless to say, I’ve met my JuNoWriMo goal(actually met it 4 days early).
As for the rest of my goals for June:
- Healing the Heart – read through & 1st round of revisions – ha! no. I finished the read through, but decided to set this aside.
- Stained by Ashes – 1st draft(this is my JuNoWriMo project) – no. Like I said, I have just over 54k on it, but it’s not even 3/4 through the story. Getting there. I have 13 more scenes planned, but it’s likely there will be more before I’m finished. I thought I’d have 60-65k for this one, like Stained Snow. But, it’s looking like it might be at least 70k. Maybe longer.
- Flames of Renewal – 24 scenes(this will get me to about 75% according to current plotted scenes). haha. not even 1. Decided to set this one aside too. Planning on picking it up next month for Camp NaNoWriMo.
Brian’s Story – PlotDone! Even have a working title for this(which could change on a whim). I probably won’t actually start writing it until at least August though.
- Rick & Leann’s story – finish- hahaha. no. I’ve been making progress on it. Love fleshing out these two and watch them dance around each other. I have no idea how long this story will be.
I decided part way through the month to concentrate on 3 main projects at a time. Plotting, drafting, and revising. Which is why I set aside the other two. Once I finish 1 in a stage, I’ll probably move another into that slot. This seems to be the way I work best.
Listen: The Winner’s Curseloved it! Also listened to Daughter of Smoke and Bone & Night of Cake and Puppets(Laini Taylor). Loved both of these. The second had me laughing so much and constantly texting Lauren Garafalo with all my loves for Mik. Currently listening to Days of Blood and Starlight. About 1/3 of the way through. Read 11 fiction books(I’m including re-reading Shadow and Bone & Siege and Storm before Ruin and Rising comes out in this number even though they’re not new reads).15/11. I finished the ones I had planned for this month and read through 4 of the free ones on my kindle: Selling Scarlett(Ella James), Awakening(Christy Dorrity), Speak Easy(Melanie Harlow), and The Shadow and the Rose(Amanda Dewees). Have added the next book in series to my wish list for 3 of those(and the other 1 isn’t out yet). Read 1 craft/research book(to be decided)– I read 2 research books on the Shoshone.
- Knit 2 projects(Schooner Hat & Fair Isle Scarf – fail. Never did get the yarn for the hat, and the scarf has been giving me trouble. Thinking about just setting it aside, at least until it cools off.
- Crochet 2 projects(Easiest Headwrap Ever & Easy Crochet Owl) – 1/2. Finished the headwrap, didn’t start on the owl.
Think I’m going to dig up some patterns using cotton yarn for the rest of the summer. It’s easier to work with when it’s hot(the scarf uses wool-ease, which I don’t really have any desire to touch when it’s 80+ degrees).
Just going by my goals, not a great month. BUT…I wrote over 57,000 words, plotted out a story, made good progress on drafting another, and about 1/3 through revising another. While working on 2 side projects(yes. 2. Haven’t mentioned the second here, which I’m about 2k words into). So, I am happy.
Now, for July’s goals. I’ll be participating in Camp NaNoWriMo again. Planning on using it to finish Stained by Ashes and hopefully getting at least a good way through Flames of Renewal. Also should be getting Flames of Redemption from my CP soon, so there will be that to revise. As soon as I finish The Choice. 🙂
- Stained by Ashes – finish 1st draft
- Flames of Renewal – I’d like to get to at least the midpoint on this
- The Choice – finish revisions & polish(maybe even send to CP)
- Flames of Redemption – revise once back from CP
- Stained Blood(follow-up to Stained by Ashes/Barrett’s Story) – plot
- Flames of Retribution – start plotting. Hoping to at least get character back stories written.
- Rick & Leann – finish
- Listen: Days of Blood & Starlight
- Read: 10 fiction books
- Read: at least 1 craft/research book
- Knit: 3 projects
- Crochet: 2 projects