This has been a pretty good week, and it’s not over yet. I’ve written over 12000 words and am about 1700 words away from hitting my JuNoWriMo goal. I should get there by the weekend. Which is a good thing since I’ll be working at the racetrack for the first time this summer. So, there will not be much time for writing Saturday. I still don’t think I’ll finish this first draft by the end of the month though. So, I’ll probably roll it into my goals for Camp NaNoWriMo next month.
Stained by Ashes – 50k– barely. And that just a few minutes ago. I’ve written 3128 today.
- Brian’s Story – finish plotting – again close. I have 10 scenes added to Scrivener. The main plot points basically. The rest I’m planning to fill in as I go. I just need to write up the scene summaries & the GMC for these scenes. According to my current plan, I’ll start writing this in August. That could always change though.
The Choice – 4 chapters reviseddone! I’ve added 377 words so far. Probably could have tackled 2 chapters a day instead of just one. Rick & Leann – 400 words– 421 words.
Holding on to Yesterday(Kristy K James)Also read Selling Scarlett(Ella James) and Awakening(Christy Dorrity). Enjoyed both. Planning on starting Speak Easy(Melanie Harlow) next.
- Knit: Fair Isle Scarf – I’ve made some progress, but still not back to where I’d been before the major rip out. I’ll get there. Some time.
It’s been pretty good progress. If this was a normal week during the round, I’d probably meet all my goals(okay, maybe not the knitting one. But, the rest). On Sunday, I’ll evaluate this month’s progress and figure out next month’s goals. But, for today I’ll see how I did for the round.
Slow Revenge(title changed to Duty to Protect): Publish. Short story: finish. This is based on some back story from Slow Revenge and plan to share either here or through newsletter. Stained Snow: Finish draft & get it revisedalso sent it to a couple of beta readers Flames of Redemption: Revise & hopefully send it to CP(s)
- East of Abilene: replot & rewrite – kept changing my mind about what I would work on. Didn’t even do this.
- Guarding the Heart: finish 1st draft – didn’t do this either.
The Choice: Revise1 round of revisions done on story level. Currently doing another on the scene level. Read 36 books(my 2nd quarter goal was 39 but I’ve already read 3 this month). I read 52 and listened to 5 audiobooks.
- Knit: 6 projects 4/6 This could have been better. But, between it getting hotter(which kills my motivation to have yarn in my lap) and the problems I’ve had with this latest project, that’s not too bad.
- Crochet 6 projects 5/6. A little better than knitting. Still didn’t get everything I wanted done.
It was a pretty good round. I wrote almost 90k, edited 2 projects, added words on 6 different projects, and plotted 2. And got 3 out of my hands, 2 temporarily. Hoping next round will be just as productive.