It’s been quite a week. Not really going to complain about it. We had storms earlier in the week, then some really nice weather. Of course this meant playing outside and adjusting how I get things done. Not always easy for me. We had a birthday party yesterday. Which included swimming. And even though I felt mentally exhausted by the time we got home(social interactions do this to me), I managed to write about 500 words after the kids went to bed.
- Stained by Ashes – 40k – not quite there. I’m a little over 38k right now. I did write 12,782 words on it this week.
Brian’s Story(brainstorming titles) – Character workFinished this on Friday. Don’t think I’ll fully outline this like I usually do, but I do want to have at least the major plot points. The Choice – 10 scenes revisedsome of these didn’t take much to finish. But there were a few bits added, even one new scene. Only added 323 words(there was some cutting in there too) Rick & Leann – 500 words– 578 words Read: Siege and Storm & Ruin and Rising– finished Siege & Storm Monday night. And finished Ruin & Rising Wednesday afternoon. I probably would have finished it in one day, but I exerted some self-control and finished my other goals before reading it. LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED(can you tell how much I loved it?) Turned me inside out and ripped my heart out, but I still loved it. Also finished After this Night(Lauren Blakely). I had to take a break Thursday and not read anything. But, Friday I was able to pick this up and read it. Enjoyed it.
- Knit: Fair Isle Scarf – I made some progress on this. Then after I’d finished row 17, I realized I’d made a mistake on it and another on row 6 that threw the pattern off. So I had to rip out 11 rows and try to untangle all the yarn(it uses 3 colors). Still untangling it, then I’ll pick it back up. I might finish this by the end of the month.
I wrote over 15,500 words this week, including about 1400 in plotting(character back stories). Not too shabby at all. Next week’s goals will be shorter, since the round ends on Thursday. Of course, I’ll still be working on things during the break.
- Stained by Ashes – 50k
- Brian’s Story – finish plotting
- The Choice – 4 chapters revised
- Rick & Leann – 400 words
- Read: Holding on to Yesterday(Kristy K James)
- Knit: Fair Isle Scarf