I was going to post this yesterday but I was behind on my goals so decided to wait for the official end of the round and try to get caught up. Yeah, I’m still behind. I’ll admit it. I bit off way more than I could chew. This is not an unusual occurrence for me. And now I’m feeling drained and unfocused by trying to play catch-up all week. Taking a break and reading this afternoon(maybe some crochet or knitting tonight too) and hopefully be ready to work again tomorrow. Anyway, I’ll do a quick wrap-up of my progress this week and look back on how I did on my goals for this round.
- Slow Revenge: line up editing/cover art -neither. I’ve been looking at a lot of cover art, but can’t decide on anything. And I decided to print it off and do a thorough read through. Usually I do this on my kindle, but that’s when I’m looking for overall issues, not the little stuff. This is taking me longer than I figured, which is why I’m behind with everything else.
- Stained Snow: 11 scenes – I’ve finished 9 scenes and started the next one. 7807 words added this week. That’s a really good number, if I hadn’t planned to write more. I have at least 13 more scenes to get through(some just need some rewriting though). Probably won’t get there before the end of the month.
- Flames of Redemption: read through & make revision plan – I sent this to my kindle, but have set the rest aside until I finish editing Slow Revenge(again).
- Short Story: would like to finish, but it’s lower on my priorities added 858 words on Tuesday. Setting this aside as well for right now.
- Read: True Colors, Playing Pretend(Juliana Haygert), & Ignite(Tessa Teevan) – Just finished True Colors a little bit ago. Really enjoyed it. And as much as I like a bad boy(to a certain extent), I really like the sweet, good guys too. 🙂 Planning on starting Playing Pretend in a little bit.
- Read: Finish How to Write a Dick – 90% through. Should finish today or tomorrow.
- Knit: Finish Phoenix Gauntlets – Done! Only goal I actually met this week, but didn’t have much left to go.
- Crochet: Olivia’s Butterfly – Haven’t even started it yet.
This week was kind of a bust, but I did get a lot of work done. I’m halfway through marking up Slow Revenge. I’m about 75%-ish through Stained Snow. Those were my two main goals for the month(which I’ll evaluate my progress for next week). So, it’s not that bad. As long as I try not to do too much.
Now, for my goals for this round:
- Slow Revenge: Publish – not quite there yet. Getting close.
- Stained Snow: Finish another round of edits – working on those now.
- Flames of Redemption: Revise and send to CPs – didn’t even start on this.
- East of Abilene – finish 1st draft – Done
- Read 40 books(goal of 175 for the year) – 54/40 Not surprising I exceeded this one
- 9 knitting projects – 7/9. Not quite there.
- 8 crochet projects – 6/8 Short again.
Only met 2 of my goals for the round. My main goal for next round: do not overestimate what I can get done in a certain time. The rest I’ll have to figure out before the round starts.