Even though it got off to a bit of a rough start, and I struggled to get up early most of the days, I had a good week.
Today we went to a Daytona 500 viewing party at Buffalo Wild Wings with the crew and drivers from the racetrack where I worked over the summer. It was my first time there, but the food was pretty good. We had a good time, even though there was a rain delay early in the race and we didn’t win anything in the drawings(went in not expecting to win anything, so there’s that). It was still fun.
- Slow Revenge: Work on chapters I get back – I have through Chapter 11 back and all are edited
- Stained Snow: Start edits if I get it back – still don’t have yet
- Work on each WiP 2.5 hours – Done, Done, and Done. I randomized the order I worked on these each day this week. And I like the results from it. Chasing the Ghost still has the most words(sitting at just over 10k), but it had a pretty good head start since I was working on it first each day for the first 2 weeks of the month. And I tend to write more first thing in the morning. Numbers for this week were: Chasing the Ghost – 3254, Flames of Renewal – 3724, & Guarding the Heart – 4072. Guarding the Heart still has the least total words, but I wrote the most on it this week. I wrote a total of 11048 words this week.
- Read: Unravel Me(Tehereh Mafi) – finished this on Wednesday. Loved it. Eager to start the last book, but I don’t have it yet. After I finished Unravel Me, I started reading Slow Ride(Kat Morrisey) again. I read an earlier draft of it as CP and she sent me an ARC of it. But, I still wanted to buy it. So, I read it again, finished it yesterday. And I seem to have this talent to be able to forget what I’ve read and get just as sucked in as I did before. Happens with tv and movies sometimes too. That’s why I can rewatch show and movies so many times. I also read Whiskey Rebellion(Liliana Hart) last night. I’ve struggled to stay up until 9 most of the week. Last night I was up until 11:30 reading this book. And instantly went on the computer to add the next book in the series to my wish list. Today I read a few different short stories by Ruth Nestvold
- Knit: Tidewater Lace Scarf – I’ve been working on this since Tuesday and have made quite a bit of progress. You’re supposed to repeat the same 8 rows of the pattern until it reaches 30 inches. It’s about 28 inches right now. So just another couple repeats and it will be done.
Goals or next week:
- Slow Revenge: Work on chapters as I get them back
- Stained Snow: Start edits if I get it back
- Work on each WiP 2.5 hours
- Read: Catalyst(Jennifer Snyder), The Binding Stone(Lisa Gail Green), and Beyond Shame(Kit Rocha)
- Knit: Finish Tidewater Lace Scarf
- Crochet: Sly Fox Hat