Last night one of the local fire departments had a “Fire and Ice Ball” as a fundraiser. It was a semi-formal event but only $15 for a couple to get in. I had a couple bridesmaid dresses from weddings I’ve been in and one from my best friend’s wedding six years ago still fit. So, I wore that, did my hair, put make up on(this is all unusual for me – I even painted my nails!), and we went out for the night. A group of us met at a local restaurant, that was only a couple buildings down from where the ball was. There were about 30 of us in the group. The guy sitting beside me was quite a talker. I’m not quite sure how he managed to eat his dinner(and some of his girlfriend’s) since I don’t think he ever stopped talking. And I imagine if I wrote a male character who said “like” as many times as he did in one conversation, people would say it was unrealistic. 🙂
I didn’t drink at dinner, but my husband got me two drinks when we were at the dance. I really don’t drink that much and don’t have a favorite. So, I told him to get me something sweet. I got a pineapple & coconut rum. It was sweet and smooth. Not quite enough to get rid of my inhibitions and actually get out on the dance floor other than for the slow dances. But, I enjoyed sitting back and watching every one else. I like to observe people much more than be in the middle of them. It was a good time, even if I’m dealing with the headache from those 2 drinks today(yes, I am a lightweight).
- Slow Revenge: Work on as I get chapters back – haven’t received any more chapters yet
- Stained Snow: Start editing(if I get back from CP) – still waiting on this
- Work 2.5 hours on each of 3 WiPs – Did this. 7333 words this week. 3883 on Chasing the Ghost, 2282 on Flames of Renewal, and 1160 on Guarding the Heart. That’s the order I’ve been writing them on each day. And the first always seems to get the most words. So, I think I’ll switch up the order each day this week and see if this trend still holds true.
- Reading: Finish The Teacher’s Vet, Forged(Jennifer Rush), Dark Witch(Nora Roberts), & Frosted(Wendy Sparrow) Done, Done, Done, & Done. In fact, I had all of these read by Wednesday night. So, I also read Once Upon a New Year’s Eve(Kait Nolan) & Dreamsnatcher(Angela Wallace). I only have 2 more books on my list for this month. Then, I’ll start going through my list of free books until I make my list for next month. I currently have 30 free books on my kindle. I have a tendency to download any book that’s on a free promo.
- Knitting: Finish lapghan – done
- Crochet: 45 minute cowl – done as well. But, it came out a little twisted. Not sure where I messed up on it.
Goals for next week:
- Slow Revenge: Work on chapters I get back
- Stained Snow: Start edits if I get it back
- Work on each WiP 2.5 hours
- Read: Unravel Me(Tehereh Mafi)
- Crochet: Ladybug