Okay, not quite powerless. If you didn’t see my post from yesterday, we lost power to half our house on Monday when a fuse blew in our outside electrical box(not sure if there’s another name for it). Pretty much all the power on one side of the house went out. Refrigerator and our pellet stove still work at least, and we moved our router and modem to the side with power so we have internet again. My husband tried replacing the fuse, but that didn’t work so we need to get a whole new box. We have a guy coming out today to do that, so we should have full power again sometime today. I’ve said it before, but sometimes I really like living in a small town where my husband knows pretty much everyone(and if he hadn’t, my brother-in-law’s an electrician and he probably would have come out to do it, but he doesn’t live in our town so I don’t know if he’d be able to get out here so soon). We even have someone letting us borrow a generator so we can keep running our pellet stove while they’re changing the box and waiting for it to be reconnected.
So, I’ve been stressing about that this week. Some people probably wouldn’t think I was stressed by looking at me because I tend to draw in when I’m stressed/upset instead of lashing out. So, I think I’ll share a happy snippet for this week’s WiPPet. I was going to share another bit of East of Abilene, but I think I’ll share some of what I wrote for Flames of Renewal this morning. This one takes place about 6(ish) months after Flames of Redemption and is Kayla’s uncle’s story. In this scene, Kayla and her uncle are talking about her making an adjustment from fighting fires to investigating them.
“That’s what Adrian said too. You sure you two aren’t related?”
James laughed at that. “Pretty sure. Were you two fighting about this?”
“We were discussing it.” She rubbed a hand over her mouth. “In very loud voices.”
James laughed again. “I swear you two would argue about the color of the sky.”
She cocked her head to one side. “Have you been eavesdropping on our breakfast conversation?”
Kayla and Adrian do like to argue. 🙂
As for my RoW80 progress, things have been a little slower this week. I have no power at my desk, so I’ve been charging my computer at the dining room table(and moving my coffee maker there) and bringing it to the couch to work until it needs charged again, or handwriting words. I seem to struggle when I’m not in my corner of the living room though. This morning was better though. I wrote almost as much this morning as I did the last two days combined. And I still have 1 more WiP to work on or half an hour.
- Slow Revenge: Work on as I get chapters back – I have through Chapter 4 edited. Waiting for more chapters.
- Stained Snow: Start editing(if I get back from CP) – don’t have this back yet
- Work 2.5 hours on each of 3 WiPs – I’ve worked a total of 4/7.5 hours this week. Doing pretty good there. I’ve added 3524 words so far this week. 2007 on Chasing the Ghost, 1277 on Flames of Renewal, and 232 on Guarding the Heart(which I haven’t worked on yet today).
- Reading: Finish The Teacher’s Vet, Forged(Jennifer Rush), Dark Witch(Nora Roberts), & Frosted(Wendy Sparrow) I finished The Teacher’s Vet Sunday night, read Forged on Monday(it was short), finished Dark Witch last night, and started Frosted this morning.
- Knitting: Finish lapghan – finished this on Monday
- Crochet: 45 minute cowl – Plan on starting this today.