I’ve had a productive week so far. Other than chores and crocheting, I’ve crossed everything off my to-do list each day. And I expect to move the chores from day to day, depending on what I can get done. I usually don’t spend more than an hour on them each day. But, right now, I have all the laundry done for the week and only have 1 more thing on my list of weekly chores(well 2, since I’m going to make ham stock after baking a ham today).
Writing, editing, and reading are going pretty well too. More on that in a bit. First, some WiPPet math: Today, I have 7 paragraphs( 1/15=1+1+5) from the scene I wrote this morning. Cordelia has overheard some information and is trying to convince her stepmother.
“That’s just ridiculous, Cordelia. He’s the wealthiest man in town. What cause would he have for this kind of scheme?”
“Greed. It doesn’t matter how much money he has. He wants more. He wants control of this town when the cattle get here.” Just one more reason to help Elijah fight against them. It was my battle now too.
“You’re being ridiculous,” Charlotte said, turning back to me. “Henry Vickers is a good man. He only wants what is best for this town.”
“He only wants what is best for his pockets.”
“That’s enough.” Her tone was sharp, and it took me back a step. “Go to your room and get some sleep. You’re obviously tired to be coming up with ridiculous stories like this. I don’t want to talk about it anymore.”
I opened my mouth to say more, but she held up a hand. “I said I don’t want to hear any more. Go to your room, Cordelia.”
I sighed and turned around and caught Jack watching me, a thoughtful, and maybe concerned, look in his eyes. When I closed my door behind me, I leaned back against it. She didn’t believe me. I couldn’t be sure if Jack did either. Michael did though. And I knew Elijah would believe it. We needed more than that to fight against him though. But, it was a start.
Onto this week’s progress. Like I said, it’s been pretty good so far.
- Flames of Redemption: Revise through Chapter 10 – I’m through Chapter 5 and 1 scene into Chapter 6.
- East of Abilene: Write 7 scenes – 4/7 and 33 words into the next scene. I was going to stop when I’d finished the one scene this morning but I had 666 words for the day. So, I decided to start the next one.
- Read: Rock Your Revisions(Cathy Yardley) – through Chapter 9
- Read: Soul Oath(Juliana Haygert), She’ll Never Rest(Jannine Gallant), & Deadly Games(Lindsay Buroker) – finished Soul Oath last night(loved). downloaded the novella that follows it. Going to start it when I finish the other books I have planned for this week. I’m about 30% through She’ll Never Rest now.
- Crochet: Baby Converse booties – I’m about halfway finished with the second bootie. Then I have to do the laces and other finishing touches.