I haven’t just been wrapping up presents this week, but trying to wrap up all my goals for the year/round/month as well. As far as the presents, everything is wrapped except for the kids’ big joint present, a train table that we can’t really wrap. We’ll probably set it up and throw a blanket over it after they go to bed Christmas Eve.
For this week’s WiPPeT, I’m sharing 15 sentence(1+2+18-2-0-1-3) from the second part of Adrian’s conversation with Kayla’s ex-fiance(I shared the first part a couple weeks ago).
“She’s okay, right? Kayla. You said she walked into the fire.”
Adrian had to swallow past the memory of seeing her sitting in that ambulance. “She’s fine. Made herself sick on the smoke, but she’s fine.” And he had to see her. Make sure of it himself.
“Good. I never wanted anything to happen to her. That’s why I did what I did. I couldn’t handle living every day wondering if she’d come home to me. I wasn’t strong enough.”
“I’d think the wondering would be better than not having her at all.”
“Then you’re stronger than me.”
I won’t be posting next Wednesday, but I’ll be back in the new year, hopefully with something new.
Now, for my progress this week:
- Finish edits on Slow Revenge – 30/34 chapters done.
- Brainstorm on New Shiny Idea(that was sparked while watching Tangled yesterday even though it has nothing to do with Rapunzel) -Haven’t started on this yet
- Finish Structuring Your Novel – Finished reading this on Monday.
- Read: Finish Slow Ride(ARC of Kat Morrisey’s book), Second Chance Romance(Asrai Devin), and Black Opal(Catie Rhodes) – Finished Slow Ride yesterday. Decided to change what I was reading next though, so started Be Careful, It’s My Heart by Kait Nolan.
- Knit: Lapghan – Finish Strip 3, have strip 4 almost finished – only about halfway through strip 3. Probably not going to meet this goal right now. Part of that is the fact I’m almost out of the one color of yarn I’m using. I’ll probably have to put it aside until I can get more.
Next week will probably be more about relaxing(hahaha) and crafting/reading when we’re not doing family stuff.