I just made a slight change to my writing goal for this month. It’s really not a big one. But, I realized that trying to write 2500 words every single day just doesn’t work too well for me. During the week, it usually isn’t too much of a problem. But, over the weekends, it is. I don’t have the same routine, and that’s usually when we’re running around, doing our grocery shopping, and all that. So, I changed it to 2500 for the whole weekend, or 1250 each day. That will still get me to almost 65k by the end of the month. I might still get close to 75k if I get ahead. Either way, it’s still a big chunk of my first draft. Which is my goal for this month.
Not a lot else to report for the second half of my week. We had our daughter’s parent-teacher conference Thursday night. She’s doing very good, scoring excellent in all the literacy and math categories(pretty much all they grade on in Kindergarten). In fact, for some of the literacy testing she’s scoring well above the expected goal. Friday there was no school and yesterday we dropped the kids off at my MIL’s and got maybe 75% of our Christmas shopping done. Today has been lazier. We went to church while my husband went up and staked parking lots for plowing this winter. Then, we came home and I got a good bit of writing done. Going to have to start dinner soon.
- Flames of Redemption: Have total of 20,000 words on this. – 20017/20000. A little ahead on this goal. Not by much, but I wrote 14,921 words this week. That’s definitely good. I’ve also changed how I’ve rewarded myself with stickers on my calendar. I had been counting just the words written that day. Now, I’m doing more of a progressive count. When I hit the next thousand words, I put a sticker on that day. I figured this made more sense since that’s how I set up my goals too.
- Read: New York to Dallas & Beautiful Darkness – Finished New York to Dallas and decided to read Allegiant instead of Beautiful Darkness. And oh my, it just killed me. Still not quite sure I survived that ride. Reading a light contemporary romance next.
- Read: Structuring Your Novel – Chapter 6 – I’ve set this aside for now. Just don’t feel I’m at the right place right now to be reading a craft book. Would rather do that when I’m plotting/editing then when I’m in the middle of drafting. It usually ends up making me doubt myself and trying to completely redo what I’m doing. I’ll probably get back to it in December.
- Knit: Celtic Knot Bag – I’ve worked on this a bit during the week. Still have more to do though.
Did pretty well with my goals for this past week, especially my writing goal. Hoping that continues for the next week.
- Flames of Redemption: 35000 words(that’s the progressive goal, so another 15k)
- Read: The Dream You Make(Christine Nolfi) and Beautiful Darkness(Kami Garcia/Margaret Stohl)
- Knit: Finish Celtic Knot Bag
- Crochet: Knotted Headband
Still keeping the goals simple for this month.