Wednesday I was writing about our heat wave. And today it definitely feels more like fall. I was really looking forward to these cooler temperatures, until I had to stand outside in them for 12 hours yesterday. I knew I was going to be working the pit gate at the racetrack last night. But, it wasn’t until Friday night at almost nine o’clock, I found out I needed to be there at 10:45, usually I don’t have to be there until 12:45. But races got rained out Thursday and Friday, so they had to run those ones yesterday before they could get to yesterday’s scheduled races. So, they had to start earlier. And I ended up working the back gate(where the trucks drive through) instead of the side gate(where everyone walks through to the pits). I can usually close and lock the side gate after 8 when they stop selling the pit passes and then eat and head out to the car to wait for my husband(since he works down on the track). But, we have to keep the back gate open with someone there until after the last race is over. I clocked out at 11:01. It was a very long day, and cold once the sun started to go down. But, I did get over 300 words written for my WiP on a couple of napkins. One of those napkins was for the next scene in it. The other was a couple lines of dialogue that just popped into my head while I was sitting there. There’s only 1 more weekend of racing, and I’m not even sure if I’m working. Still, I am glad it’s cooling off. I enjoy being able to wear sweatshirts around the house. As long as we don’t have to turn on our heat for a couple more months.
I made pretty good progress this week.
- The Choice: Write 15,000 words. – 15700/15000 My numbers ranged from 856 words(yesterday) to 3873(Tuesday) for the week. It was a really good week.
- Slow Revenge: Edit through Chapter 9 – Done
- Chasing the Ghost: Chapter Summaries through Chapter 18 – Done
- Read: Never Seduce a Scot(Maya Banks) and Insurgent(Veronica Roth) – Done and Done. Both were great reads. Excited for Allegiant to come out(a little over a month).
- Story Physics: Read through Chapter 20 – Done
- Knitting: Soft Ribs Sweater – Finish – Essentially done. I have everything except for the buttons sewn on. I’d do that except the buttons I got are two small for the button loops. So, I’m going to have to get some new ones before I can completely finish it. Still, I’ll move on to the next projects until I get some other buttons.
I actually met all my goals for the week. Since the round ends on Thursday, this week’s goal will just cover the first half of the week.
- The Choice: Write 10,500 words(3500/day)
- Slow Revenge: Edit through Chapter 12
- Chasing the Ghost: Get through character arc in blueprint
- Read: Fine Laid Bare(Lauren Dane) and read The Look of Love(Bella Andre)
- Story Physics: Finish reading
- Crochet: Simple Earflap Hat