My son’s 3rd birthday was on Tuesday. We made some funfetti cake mix cookies and opened his presents from us that evening after dinner. Pretty low key.
Wednesday we had both kids’ yearly well-visit to the doctor. Both are healthy. My daughter is short and skinny(we knew that). 12th and 30th percentile for height and weight. And she was right on the border of failing her vision test, so we have to take her to an eye doctor for a more in depth test. My son is on the taller side, 70th percentile for his age, but just 65th for weight. We had to get an antibiotic cream for him because he has folliculitis, basically infected hair follicles. Look like pimples on his legs. They come and go, so I wasn’t too concerned about it. Other than that, and his still big tonsils, he’s good(medically-speaking. won’t mention his monster-ness lately).
We had his party yesterday. Baked his cake Friday night, came out about 5:30 yesterday morning and there were chunks taken out of the bottom. Apparently he couldn’t wait for the party to start eating it.
I cut off the end he had tried to eat and managed to get it frosted.
Party went well. He got some new clothes and pajamas. And a bunch of new trucks to play with.
No more birthday parties until December, unless my daughter gets invited to any for friends from school.
Even with the birthday festivities, I’ve managed to get a good bit done this week. Despite the fact that my kids have seemed to think they need to wake up around 5 each morning. I might wake up that early, but that’s so I can get the bulk of my writing done before they get up.
- The Choice – 7500 words– 7539/7500 I got there Friday evening, just before dinner. WiP is up to 14701.
- Slow Revenge: Compile Notes & Edit through Chapter 4 – I got this done Friday night as well. I’ve added 135 words to this so far.
- Chasing the Ghost – finish plot summaries, beat sheet, and start chapter summaries – finished this last night after the birthday party. I have summaries written for the first 3 chapters.
- Read: Due Date(Nancy W. Wood) and Unexpected Endings(Elena Aitken) – I only got about 26% through Due Date. Then, didn’t feel the urge to pick it up again, so moved it to the ‘set aside’ collection on my Kindle. I don’t think there was really anything wrong with it. It just wasn’t holding my interest. I did read Unexpected Endings, which was just a short story. Then, I read Coldness of Marek by Rachel O’Laughlin. This one I finished in about 24 hours. In fact, I stayed up until 1 Saturday morning reading it and only stopped when I kept dropping my phone on my face.
- Story Physics: Read through Chapter 15 – Done.
- Knitting: Soft Ribs Sweater – Finish – I never even sat down with this until today. Only to realize that the battery on my old phone(which has an app that I use to keep track of my projects) was dead. It’s the only thing I use it for anymore. I got the stitches for the second sleeve picked up onto the needle before I realized this. So, it’s charging, and I’m planning on working on it later today.
- Crochet: Simple Earflap Hat – finish body of hat – won’t pick this up until the sweater is finished.
My goals for next week are:
- The Choice: Write 15,000 words.
- Slow Revenge: Edit through Chapter 9
- Chasing the Ghost: Chapter Summaries through Chapter 18
- Read: Never Seduce a Scot(Maya Banks) and Insurgent(Veronica Roth)
- Story Physics: Read through Chapter 20
- Knitting: Soft Ribs Sweater – Finish