So, I guess technically summer isn’t over yet. But, tomorrow is labor day and at least around here, that seems to signal the end of what we consider summer. Kids are back to school(girl loved her first half week. in fact, was upset she didn’t have homework on the first day.), weather is starting to(or should be) getting cooler. We worked at the track again this past Saturday night. Next Saturday is the last night of regular racing with Nationals for the Legends cars the next week/weekend. After that, my Saturdays will be free again. It’s really not a bad job, and I’ve added a few more characters into my “character pool”. 🙂 Today we went to a local restaurant for breakfast then had a picnic this afternoon. Not sure if we’re doing anything tomorrow, but my son’s 3rd(oh my god, how did that happen?) birthday is Tuesday, and both kids’ annual check-ups are on Wednesday. Going to have to pick my daughter up from school so we can make it on time. Then, having the boy’s party on Saturday. Definitely a busy week. So, I’m expecting it to be a low productivity week. That’s okay. After this week, things should be getting back to normal, and I can figure out my new typical routine.
- The Choice: Write 1250 words – 1487/1250 A little over my goal. I’m going to work on raising my daily goal and keeping it high through the rest of the month. Writing will be my focus for this month instead of editing(although I’ll still be doing a bit of that).
- Slow Revenge: Read over CP’s notes and compile in Scrivener(once I get them) – Just got them today, and have read over them. Going to start compiling her notes in Scrivener tomorrow.
- Chasing the Ghost: Write the 2 antagonists’ back stories – finished both of these early in the week
- Read: City of Ashes(Cassandra Clare) & Unbroken(Melody Grace) – Finished both of these as well as City of Glass and Untouched(companion novella to Unbroken).
- Read: Story Physics – Chapters 6-10 – Done
- Knit: Soft Ribs Sweater – Finish – still working on this. Have another sleeve to finish, then do button loops and the collar for the back, as well as seaming up the sides and sleeves.
It’s the end of the month, so time to evaluate how I did for the last month.
- Healing the Heart – 2nd round of edits- finished these back on the fifteenth.
- Slow Revenge – start editing(if I get it back from CP) – wasn’t able to get to this. But, have notes back from CP now, so will be shifting it to September.
- Finish plotting Guarding the Heart – I did this then ended up setting it aside to work on a new project
- Start back stories for next in my series(still title-less) – have all the back stories finished and even came up with a title.
- Read 8 books – 15/8 Goal definitely achieved
- Knit: Soft Ribs in Green(kid sweater), Boo Baby Cloth, Boo Baby bib – got most of the way through the sweater but none of the others even started.
- Crochet: Baby Monster Family, Simple Earflap Hat, Easy Scarf(which I attempted when first learning, and didn’t find that easy) – finished the monster family and started the hat.
Most of these goals were met. A couple I didn’t quite reach. That’s okay because I can shift them to next month and keep working at them. So, my goals for September are:
- The Choice – finish First Draft: This may be a bit optimistic. I’m currently a little over 7000 words and shooting for at least 70,000. But, I hope to get at least close to the end.
- Slow Revenge: Edit through at least Chapter 20
- Chasing the Ghost – Finish plotting(Again, may be optimistic, but hoping to get through most of it).
- Read 10 books
- Finish Story Physics
- Knit: Soft Ribs in Green, Boo Baby Cloth, Boo Baby Bib
- Crochet: Simple Earflap Hat, Easy Scarf, Cheri Hat
And for my goals for the next week:
- The Choice – 7500 words
- Slow Revenge: Compile Notes & Edit through Chapter 4
- Chasing the Ghost – finish plot summaries, beat sheet, and start chapter summaries
- Read: Due Date(Nancy W. Wood) and Unexpected Endings(Elena Aitken)
- Story Physics: Read through Chapter 15
- Knitting: Soft Ribs Sweater – Finish
- Crochet: Simple Earflap Hat – finish body of hat