Yes, I put fun in quotes. Because there can only be so much fun crammed in a small RV with three adults and two young kids. Especially when one of those adults is the complete opposite of you and just rubs you the wrong way no matter what she does(probably not a nice thing to say about the woman my dad married, not my mom by the way, but it’s true). She’s a germaphobe, I’m pretty much the opposite. Not that I’m a complete slob, but worrying about germs isn’t at the front of my thoughts. In fact, it tends to be way down the list of my worries. And imagine that, my kids and I really don’t get that sick too often. Add into that a strained relationship between my father and me, that he doesn’t even seem to realize. And the tug of my own emotions about him. I want to be with him, but I just want to be home, and I feel guilty about that. I’ve fought with this since I was about ten. Almost thirty, and I still feel it. By Friday, I just wanted to come home, and yet found myself fighting tears because I was coming home. It doesn’t make a lot of sense with some of the realizations I’ve come to about him and our relationship. I may get into that with another blog post. This one has already become a bit personal.
Onto this week’s progress update, since I missed Wednesday’s post. Lack of internet connection was only one of the reasons I was ready to come home.
- The Choice: write 1250 words – Managed to get 1951 words. Thursday was the only day I got any writing done on this while camping. It’s up to 5675 words so far. That’s 5 scenes finished. I don’t have this one broken up into chapters yet though.
- Slow Revenge: read over CP’s notes(once she gets them to me) and compile in scrivener – don’t have this back yet. Which is fine. I told her I wasn’t worried since I wouldn’t be around this week.
- Chasing the Ghost: Jason’s back story – I did get this done while camping. Easier to write in a notebook and the words were just flowing. Of course, I now only have 1 sheet of paper left in that notebook, so I have to get another one out for the last two back stories. Not that I have a shortage of them. 😉 And while I was working at the racetrack last night, I was working through those back stories. Shouldn’t take too long to write now.
- Read: Treachery in Death(J.D. Robb) & Beautiful Creatures(Kami Garcia/Margaret Stohl) – finished Treachery in Death while camping and started Beautiful Creatures. Finished it Friday night after we got back. And I started reading City of Ashes yesterday morning. Then, I was gone most of the day so didn’t get too far into it yet.
- Read: Story Physics – Chapter 1-5 – I got these first chapters read through and a lot marked up. Just sentences that struck me, or information that I wanted to come back to. Planning to keep with a chapter a weekday with this, which should have it finished by the end of the round.
- Knit: Soft Ribs Sweater – Finish – Haven’t worked on this at all this week. Going to try to get a little done before the birthday party we have to go to this afternoon. Still want to have it finished by the end of the month.
I did really good this week especially for not being around, and spending a good bit of time at the playground, water park, and pool. Only one more week left in the month(2 more days of summer vacation and 9 more until my son’s birthday). So, this week, I’ll be finishing up this month’s goals.
- The Choice: Write 1250 words
- Slow Revenge: Read over CP’s notes and compile in Scrivener(once I get them)
- Chasing the Ghost: Write the 2 antagonists’ back stories
- Read: City of Ashes(Cassandra Clare) & Unbroken(Melody Grace)
- Read: Story Physics – Chapters 6-10
- Knit: Soft Ribs Sweater – Finish