It’s August 14. When I came out to the kitchen a little before 5 this morning, our thermometer said it was only about 55 degrees(Fahrenheit – so about 13 Celcius I think). About 63 right now. I had to change from my shorts into long pants and even threw a sweatshirt on. In August! Yeah, totally not normal for around here. But, I’m certainly not complaining. I much prefer this over high 80s or even 90s we usually have. So much easier for me to warm up than it is to cool down.
So, it’s Wednesday, which means not only ROW80 check-in time, but also WIPPet time. This picks up where last week’s left off. The next 14 lines(well, it was 14 in Scrivener, not sure how it will show up here).
He turned and put his hands on his hips, his eyes steady on hers. “Come on, Mel. I’m not trying to fight with you. Just come into my office. If the patients see you this unsettled, they aren’t going to think you can help them. Just come with me.”
Melanie sighed. She hated giving in. Especially to him. But, she always did. What was it about Jared that made her so weak? But, she still followed him and could feel the shaking start again as he closed the door. She thought she had gotten past this. The calls were just pranks. They couldn’t hurt her. So, why was she letting it throw her so off balance?
When Jared turned back to her, she saw the concern in his eyes.She felt her heart flutter. Damn it. She wasn’t that young anymore. She couldn’t afford to be as stupid as she had back then. But, she couldn’t stop the warmth that went through her. Then, he took her hands in his. She wanted to pull away from him, wanted to protect herself, but he just held on. “What is the matter, Melanie? Are you sick? Did something happen?”
She shook her head. “No, it nothing like that. I’m healthy. I’m not hurt. I’m perfectly fine.” She tried to work up a smile to prove it.
If you want to join the WIPPeteers, you can post your words, sentences, lines, paragraphs, whatever from your WIP that correspond with the date and link up here
As for my ROW80 update:
Anyway, it’s been a pretty good week for me. Monday morning I was awake before 4 a.m. No reason for that. I set my alarm for 4:30 so I can usually be at the computer by 5. That usually gives me at least a solid hour before the kids wake up. Not sure what woke me up even earlier than that. But, I got up and ended up having 4 cups of coffee by 7. Yeah, I was a bit jittery by that point. But, I got a lot done. In fact, by the end of Monday, I had checked off most of my to-dos through Wednesday. Not just my writing tasks, but chores as well. And I finished most of the rest of the week’s tasks by yesterday afternoon. So, I’m focusing on getting some knitting done the rest of the week. And getting ahead on my editing goals. I had it planned so I’d have it done by the end of the month. But, we’ll be camping next week with my dad and step mom for a couple days, so I’m going to try to get ahead before we leave. Maybe even finish it.
- Healing the Heart: edit 14 more scenes(get through Chapter 17) – 20/14. Like I said, I’m getting ahead. Some of the scenes don’t have a lot of changes, but I’ve added 429 words to it this week.
- The Choice: write 1250 words – 1235/1250. Not quite to my goal even though I got it up over 1500 total. Didn’t write anything on it this morning, but I’m sure there’ll be more this week.
- Chasing the Ghost(Connie’s Story): Connie’s back story – I wrote this on Monday. All 4.5 handwritten pages of it. I knew a good bit of her story from writing Slow Revenge(she’s that story’s protagonist’s younger sister), but I always learn more from writing the back story. I still have 3 more back stories I want to write for this one.
- Read: Picture Perfect(Alessandra Thomas) and Closed Hearts(Susan Kaye Quinn) – Done and Done. It took me a little bit to get into Closed Hearts, but I stuck with it and did enjoy it.
- Knit: Soft Ribs Sweater – finish body – I decided that I’d wait to do my knitting(or crocheting) until I’d finished the rest of my goals for the week. Well, I did that yesterday but still didn’t get much knitting done. I use an old I phone simply for the knitting apps(I have an android phone now and it doesn’t have the same apps, which I really like). The battery on it pretty much sucks though. I started knitting yesterday afternoon and it died on me after I’d finished just 1 row. So, plugged it in and waited until the kids went to bed. Finished two more rows but couldn’t keep my eyes open any more. So, that was all I got done then. Hoping to do more today. Will probably edit/write when I have to charge the phone again.