Three more weeks of summer vacation left here. Not that I’m counting down the days or anything. That probably makes me sound like a terrible mother. Maybe I am. I know I’m not good at getting down and playing. But, both of my kids have always been pretty independent players. So that makes it easier to not get down and play. I do love my daughter(both my kids actually), but dealing with her can be draining. And I have to keep reminding myself that maybe I did deserve some payback, even if I thought I was the good kid. Because she is just like me, extremely sensitive, very emotional. And very creative. She’s everything my mom had to deal with from me. Of course, even once she starts school, the boy will still be here. But, I’ll still get a bit of a break with just one of them, and have some quiet time after lunch when he takes a nap.
My mom’s taking us to one of the local county fairs today. We’ll eat some crap(and expensive) food, kids can ride some rides, and lots of walking around. The girl’s birthday is Saturday, and I think we have everything for it right now(as long as I don’t screw up the cake like I did last year, so my husband has to run out and get more cake mix at 5 am). Then, we have her Kindergarten orientation a little more than a week later, so we’ll get to see her classroom and meet her teacher, then probably going camping with my dad, a birthday party that next weekend and back to school on Wednesday. Wow, that tired me out just typing it.
- The Choice(my new idea) – brainstorm characters/plot & start back stories – This has been going well. I don’t think I’ll put as much planning into this one. I did get 2 of the back stories done, and just have one more to do. Then, I’m going to set some scenes up in Scrivener and start playing with the words next week. These characters are already living in my head. And I’ll be doing some research today. At the fair. Since that’s going to be part of the setting(these county fairs are really big things around here).
- Healing the Heart: Edit through Chapter 8 – 5/8 complete. I only have 6 more scenes to go. Most of what I’ve done this week has been changing little things. Although I did write over 1000 words for a new scene yesterday morning.
- Read: Finish Eyre House, Read Caught Up in You(Roni Loren) and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer(Michelle Hodkin) before Lauren Garafalo yells at me again(kiddding! kidding!) – Finished Eyre House late Monday afternoon. I’m 29% through Caught Up in You. I was practically in love with the hero before I picked it up just from reading excerpts at the beginning. Although I fall in love with characters rather easily, so that may not be saying much. 😀
- Knit: Soft Ribs Sweater -body – I have the back finished. I started the front then my needle got pulled out of the stitches, so I ripped out the first 8 rows I’d done. Haven’t cast them back on yet.
- Crochet: Finish Monster Family and Simple Earflap Hat – I finished the monster family Sunday night but haven’t worked on the hat again yet.
Most of my goals are coming along good. Should have at least the top 3 met by Sunday.