Hard to believe it’s the end of another round again(well tomorrow). I’ve been participating in ROW80 since July 2011. So that’s 2 straight years of “ROWing”. It has certainly helped me become more accountable and better able to make those goals I want to stick to. I wanted to get more serious about my writing back then, and I definitely feel like I’ve done that.
- Demons Rising: Write 12000 words – Triumph! Over 14,000 words in the last week. My mom took the kids for about 5 hours last Thursday and I ended up getting over 3100 words. That gave me a good boost. I’ve been shooting for at least 2500 a day during the week, since I don’t always get a lot written on the weekends. I’ve written over 33,000 words this month. I shouldn’t have a problem getting 50k this month. Then, I’ll probably just need another 30,000 or so to finish it next month.
- Slow Revenge: Rewrites through Chapter 10 – I’m actually on chapter 19. Made a lot of progress here. Have a few scenes I’m adding in in this next part.
- Guarding the Heart: Finish Back Stories – I finished this yesterday. Now to get the story re-plotted. This was my NaNoWriMo from 2011, that I’m now rewriting.
- Knit: Finish Shimmer By Night Bag – Not so much progress here. still trying to finish the body of the bag.
- Crochet: Finish Penguin Hat – almost done with this one. I have the hat itself done. Just need to sew on the penguin face(and eyes and nose) and the pom poms for the end of the earflaps.
As for my progress on this month’s goals:
- Write 50,000 words on Demons Rising – 33318/50000 words
- Read through Slow Revenge – DONE
- Slow Revenge Rewrites – 18.5/30 chapters
- Re-plot Guarding the Heart – back stories are done, need to work out summaries of plot and do scene cards
- Finish knitting 3 projects – I didn’t even finish 1.
- Finish crocheting 3 projects – finished 2, almost finished with the third.
I guess the good thing here is that the month isn’t quite over yet.
And how did I do with my starting goals for this round?
- 1st draft of Stained Snow(novella) – Finished!
- 1st draft of Demons Rising(#3 in Inner Demons series) Not quite finished. Will be rolling over into Round 3
- Finish 1st edits on Healing the Heart – Finished
- Find Beta Readers for Slow Revenge – Roll over into Round 3
- Read Through Flames of Redemption – Finished
- 2nd edits on Slow Revenge – Finished
- Finish plotting Demons Rising – Finished
- Re-plot Guarding the Heart(my 2011 NaNo) – Working on it – Roll over into Round 3
- Start plotting Connie’s story(#4 in Inner Demons series) – Haven’t started on it yet. Round 3
- Read 17 books – HAHA. More than met. 40/17 books read. I’m almost 3/4 of my way through my goal for the year and only halfway through the year. 9 of those were novella length or shorter and 1was a collection of shorts.
- Complete 10 knitting projects – Have completed 3. One of these was a pretty big project, so I should have thought of that when setting this goal. Will reevaluate for Round 3.
- Complete 10 crochet projects – 6/10, almost 7. A little better on this one. Will reevaluate for Round 3.
Overall, I’d say I did really well for this round. Especially my writing and editing goals. And, uh, yeah…I read a lot. Now, I’ll have to go and think about what my goals should be for the next round.