Even though my daughter keeps reminding me it’s not summer yet(she is very literal about pretty much everything), it has certainly felt like it for about the last week. I know I had just been complaining that it was cold, and even snowing, but it went from about 40 degrees to 70s & 80s. 70s is fine with me. But, get much hotter than that, and I have trouble dealing with it. The heat will actually sometimes make me feel sick to my stomach. But, the kids have wanted to play outside, so outside we go. Supposed to have storms through tomorrow afternoon though. Except so far it’s just rained a bit this morning, now the sun is out again. We’ll see if it stays that way.
- Stained Snow: Finish first draft: Not quite there. I have a scene to finish and then one more to write. Have trouble finishing this one. I’ve written just over 3000 words on it over the last week. I was doing good last week, but didn’t work on it at all over the weekend or Monday. Still hope to have it finished by the end of this week.
- Flames of Redemption: Get through Chapter 12(8 scenes): Didn’t meet this goal. I still have one more scene to go in chapter 11. One of the scenes from this chapter I split into two and added quite a bit to what became the first of these scenes. I’ve added just over 1700 words to this.
- Demons Rising: Finish blueprint & novel notebook: I finished the blueprint, but have not finished the notebook yet. Still have to finish character worksheets and 4 more sections.
- Read: Finish A Hint of Frost, Across a Moonlit Sea, and Love to the Rescue: Yes, yes, and yes. I enjoyed A Hint of Frost and Across a Moonlit Sea. I really didn’t care too much for Love to the Rescue. I don’t know why, I just felt that I couldn’t connect with the characters and the dialogue sometimes felt weird. I did finish reading it though. And then I started Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. I started it while eating breakfast yesterday morning and had finished the first quarter of it by the time I went to bed. Wanted to read some more, but knew I needed to get to bed.
- Knit: Finish Cables & Lace Hat & start Fledgling Gloves: finished the hat. I have the first of the gloves started, but haven’t finished it yet. Just getting ready to start knitting the fingers.
- Crochet: Ruffled Skinny Scarf: I probably would have finished this except for the fact that I ran out of yarn. When I was about halfway through the last row. I thought I was going to have enough, but it turned out I was wrong(so not the first time that’s happened). So, it will have to wait until I can get some more of this yarn.
I fell a little short of some of my goals, but still made progress. I can’t be too upset about that.
- Stained Snow: Finish first draft
- Flames of Redemption: Finish last 11 scenes
- Demons Rising: finish novel notebook.
- Demons Rising: Start scene cards
- Read: Finish Shadow and Bone, Read Miss Me Not by Tiffany King and Touched by A.J. Aalto
- Knit: Finish Fledgling Gloves
- Crochet: Hairpin lace skinny scarf