It’s been a really nice week, both for weather and my writing. Hoping this means Spring is here to stay this time. Saturday we had a birthday party to go to then a wedding for one of my oldest friend’s back in my hometown. After church on Sunday, we spent most of the day outside, getting some yard work done. I made at least 8 or 9 trips with the wheelbarrow full of leaves and then wood(from a tree that got knocked down). This week my husband’s grandparents came home from Florida and the weather has been so nice we’ve been spending quite a bit of time outside. But, I’ve still been getting things done.
- Stained Snow: Write 6279 words(to finish Camp NaNo) – I’ve written 6835 words over the past week. Finished my Camp NaNo goal yesterday morning with 869 words. I still have probably another 5-10k to add before it is finished. Hopefully by the middle of the month, if not sooner.
- Flames of Redemption: Finish Rewrites through Chapter 6 – not quite there yet. I’ve got one more scene in chapter 5 and then the four in chapter 6. I did add another scene to chapter 4 the other day which ended up being a little more than 1600 words. I’ve added a little over 2200 words to this in the last 2 weeks.
- Demons Rising: Finish last back story & get through step 3 of snowflake method – I did finish the last back story. And I just started the last step of the snowflake method last night. I’m hoping to finish that today.
- Read 2 books –I finished the book I was reading last week. Not one of my favorites of this year, but it was an ok read. I’ve finished 3 more since then and just started reading Defying Fate by S.M. Reine this morning.
Since it the end/beginning of the month, I’m going to evaluate my first month’s goals here too. That will help me decide on what this month’s goals are.
- 30000 words on Stained Snow – Achieved! Surpassed!
- Send Slow Revenge to Beta Readers – Didn’t happen. When I’m finished with Flames of Redemption, I think I’m going to read through it again and rewrite
- Finish edits on Healing the Heart – Finished this on Arpil 10. Going to sit until I get Slow Revenge figured out.
- Read through Flames of Redemption and decide what to do with it. – read through. In the process of rewrites
- Finish plotting Demons Rising – Not yet. hope to have it done by the end of next week though.
As for my reading/crafting goals:
- I’ve read 16/17 books for this round. 5 of those were novella length or shorter. The other 11 were full-length novels. I don’t see me having any problem meeting this goal.
- I’ve finished 1/10 knitting projects. This time of year may not have been the best for adding this goal. My knitting tends to slow down when it warms up and we get busier.
- Finished 2/3 crochet projects
Now for my goals for May:
- Finish first draft of Stained Snow
- Finish Flames of Redemption rewrites
- Finish plotting Demons Rising
- Read Through Slow Revenge
- Write 10,000 words for Demons Rising