I know we haven’t been the only ones hit by the heat, and we certainly haven’t had the hottest of the weather, but around here 95 is definitely hot. We spent most of last week(except for last Wednesday’s trip to the zoo) either inside or, if we did venture outside, it was spent running through the sprinkler, in the kids’ pool, or spraying each other with the hose, and we usually weren’t out for even 30 minutes at a time. Thankfully, this week has brought with it some cooler temperatures(still around 80, but after last week, even that is cooler).
- Write for 1 hour every day(and hoping to have another 10K or at least close to it)
I have kept up my writing for 1 hour each day, except for this past Sunday. Even on Saturday, when I don’t set an alarm, I was awake around 4:30. So, I decided I might as well get up and write. I did sleep in on Sunday(and so did the kids! Doesn’t happen often), so I didn’t write at all. On Thursday, I wrote 804 words, Friday: 737, Saturday: 702, Monday: 900, Tuesday: 910, and this morning I wrote 798. So the total for the last week is: 4851. Not even close to the 10k I was hoping for. But, it’s still more than I had. And that averages out to 693 words a day, which is still higher than the 500 minimum I always try to meet. I’ve written 7847 words so far this month with an average of 713 words a day(872 if just counting the days I’ve written). At this pace though, it looks like it will be at least the end of August before I finish instead of the end of July. 7847/58685
- Have read through and marked up through at least Chapter 8 of Stained Snow
I’m only through Chapter 7, but planning on reading through Chapter 8 later today. 7/10
- Finish reading Gabriel’s Return
I finished reading this Thursday.
- Read the third book in the series: Gabriel’s Revenge.
Started reading this Thursday or Friday and finished it on Monday. And I had bought Nora Roberts’ Chasing Fire when we were shopping on Wednesday, so it is the next one I started. Since I’m reading an actual book(one not on an app on my phone), I also started reading Jeff Goins’ You Are a Writer(So Start Acting Like One) on my phone. About 16% through it right now. Novels: 2/12 Craft books: 0/1
Goals for next week:
- Continue writing every morning from around 5 until the kids get up(which has been between6:30 & 7 recently). Aiming for at least another 5k.
- Finish reading through Stained Snow & have at least the first 2 chapters fixed up.
- Be through at least chapter 15 of Chasing Fire
- Be at least 50% through You Are a Writer.
How is everyone else doing so far?