It’s that time again. Since Round 3 starts on Monday July 2, it’s time to start thinking about what I want to accomplish during this round. This time last year, I was making goals for my very first round.I once again have my goals categorized, but am keeping them fairly simple.
- Finish the first draft of Slow Revenge by 8/10.
Since I seem to get the most of my writing done first thing in the morning, I’m setting aside that first hour of the day(sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less) and dedicating it to writing. No playing on Facebook, no checking email, just putting my butt in the chair and writing. Whether I get 100 words or 1000, it won’t matter. As long as I spend that time writing.
- Read 1 chapter a day of Stained Snow to finish by 7/13 and make notes on changes to make.
This seems quick, but since there are only 10 chapters, it shouldn’t take long to read through.
- Have edits finished by 7/31.
- Start Guarding the Heart edits on 8/13
- Finish Guarding the Heart edits by: 9/14
- Decide on next story idea once Slow Revenge is finished
- Plot out idea using snowflake method.
- Be ready to start writing in September.
- Read 12 novels(or 1 a week)
- Read 1 craft book
So, there are my goals for this round. For me, this is keeping them simple. And some depend on getting the previous ones done on time. The deadlines may change, but I like to have that as a goal as it keeps me motivated.
Who else is doing this round of ROW80? what do your goals look like?