Last week, I shared the pattern I was using to make a hat for Hayleigh. Well, I gave up on that one and started a search for one that was more of a sun hat. Couldn’t really find any that I liked though. So, used them as a starting point, and am pretty much making it up as I go. It starts just like a beanie would. After finishing the main part of the hat, I’ll pick up stitches around the bottom and knit around for the brim.
Picture is not the best, I know. I did a 1×1 rib then knit up in stockinette stitch until it was about 3 inches from the beginning. Then, I did two eyelet rows with a row of knitting between. Almost ready to start the decreases now.
This past Saturday, we were out and about and I finally picked up some more yarn. Cotton in two different colors, 1 skein of orchid and 2 of rouge red. Planning on using this for some more hats. The red will be for the ones for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. And the orchid will be ones that I’m hoping to sell for some of the proceeds going towards a friend’s fundraising for her Lupus Walk. Now, that I have the yarn I need, I’m hoping to get started on these hats sometime this week.