- Decide on next WIP –Done! I have a list of all my ideas for future WIPs(17 in all) in an excel spreadsheet(used to be on my phone until it crashed and I lost everything). And I have a random number generator app on my phone that I use for making these important decisions. Without it, I may never decide what to work on next. With the help of that app, I decided to work on Stained Snow which is the first flash fiction piece I wrote last year. I’m going to try to expand it into at least a novella.
- Start brainstorming – did a mind map for ideas- characters, setting, plot(which I most had from the flash fiction). Going to start going through the steps of the Snowflake method next to expand on these ideas.
- Write one flash fiction piece – Done! Finished this Tuesday morning, but it ended at 1108 words, so I needed to do some cutting. Planned to do that this morning, but haven’t been feeling great(sore throat, ear ache, sinus pressure), so decided getting some extra sleep would probably be a better idea.
- Read at least 1 more chapter in Self-Editing for Fiction Writers – Did this Monday night. have I think 4 more chapters to read in it.
- Be at least halfway through Indulgence in Death – Did some reading yesterday and am only about a chapter away from the halfway point.
- Comment on 2/3 blogs: I replied to comments on my Sunday post but not on anyone else’s blogs.
- Interact with at least one person on Twitter: Haven’t been on Twitter much this week.
- Work on my Facebook page: Nothing here yet.
Workout on Monday & Tuesday: Worked out on Monday, but my hip was feeling a little sore again on Tuesday so decided to rest. Was going to get back to it today, but feeling crappy and hip is still bothering me a bit. I’ll get back to it when I’m feeling better. Still haven’t had any pop yet this year but snacks haven’t been too healthy but I haven’t been snacking a whole lot either.
Goals for Sunday:
- Finish the first two steps of the Snowflake method(1 sentence summary & expand that to a full paragraph
- Cut flash fiction piece down to 1000 words or less
- Read 1 more chapter of Self-Editing for Fiction Writers and do the exercises for it.
- Finish reading Indulgence in Death
- Comment on 2/3 blogs
- Interact with at least 1 person on Twitter
- Work on Facebook page