Not a whole lot going on in the last week. My daughter finished the school year last week. We had her graduation ceremony on Friday. I am so proud of the progress she’s made during her second year of Pre-K. My coffeemaker also stopped working last week. Well, not exactly stopped working. I got the Hamilton Beach Flexbrew(can do K-cups or regular coffee in it) about 3 months ago. It was the cheaper option out of the 3 I could find(HB, Mr. Coffee, and Keurig). Now, it will barely even brew half a cup. Well, couldn’t live without coffee, so I got some instant coffee at least until I can get it replaced. Had a birthday party to go to on Saturday but not much to do on Sunday. It rained all day Monday & Tuesday, the first full days of summer vacation really. Last night, my daughter lost her first tooth. And was very excited for the tooth fairy to bring her 4 silver coins(quarters) this morning. Today, since my mother-in-law is on vacation this week, she came up and took us out to lunch then to a park in town. Then, we went out to the playground at the school. So, it took me longer to get things done today. Tomorrow may be the same because my mom’s having pictures done of all the grandkids. We’ll see what I get done.
As for the last week’s progress here:
- Demons Rising: Write 12000 words – I’ve written about 11,000 words over the last week. Not quite to my goal, but still a good amount for me. Just moving into Act 2. The sprints at the JuNoWriMo hashtag have really been helping with this.
- Slow Revenge: Finish reading through - Finished this on Thursday and compiled all my notes on Friday.
- Slow Revenge: Start rewrites – through Chapter 3 so far. Working on a chapter a day right now.
- Guarding the Heart: Finish back stories - taking a little longer than planned with this one. I’m almost finished with the second one. Only have 1, maybe 2 more to do. Should have them done by the end of the round at least.
- Knit: Finish Shimmer By Night Bag - another task that is taking me longer than planned. Since it uses a lighter weight yarn, it’s taking longer to get to the length needed for the body of the bag. Hoping to get it finished soon though.
- Crochet: Finish Hairpin Lace Skinny Scarf - finished this earlier this week. And started a Penguin hat last night.
Goals for next week:
- Demons Rising: Write 12000 words
- Slow Revenge: Rewrites through Chapter 10
- Guarding the Heart: Finish Back Stories
- Knit: Finish Shimmer By Night Bag
- Crochet: Finish Penguin Hat